New Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ya what happened with the bags?

Any word on the springs / rear suspension?

Threw the rig on a scale south of Vegas last time off. Come in at 11k with 59 hun'erd on the rear axle. Day before yesterday I done ordered a new set of rear springs from Alcan based on the weights. They say 'bout 3 to 4 weeks to make 'em.

Ya what happened with the bags?

Air bags are only thang keepin' 'er level. Without 'em, she squats bad. They don't stand up real straight but they work. Just too much weight for the rear springs. Funny tho that I got 51 hun'erd on the front axle and the front springs seem to do fine. For now.
20140312_scales.JPG

LOL a five an a half ton rig, wholly crap! So you ditching the bags when the new leafs come in?

Holy crap thats heavy!

Fireman, When I had my camper (the one on the GN now) in the bed of the Green Ford I weighed the truck in at 11,800 with over 7,000 on the rear axle. My choice of tires suddenly got fairly important..

Speaking of tires kowboy how many miles you got on that set and how are they wearing?

Shamelessly drivin' up on a big rock for some senseless poser shots. :grinpimp:

S.jpg
T.jpg
R.jpg

Alcan's done got my new rear springs done. And it's startin' to get a bit warm in the desert. So next time off I'm gonna mosey my way on up to Grand Junction and get 'em installed. Then probly head to Moab or somewheres. :cool:

:flamingo:

How are the tires holding up to all of your exploring?

Extremely well. I ain't never aired 'em down and they do really good in all the dif'rent terrain I been thru. Also quiet on the road. Need to get 'em rotated but they ain't got no signs of wear yet.

What pressure are you running them at?

So what happened to hanging the bike off the back, too much weight?

That is correct. I sold it.

Don't know if you do...but I miss the bike...at least those parts of the diary.

...via IH8MUD app

Yeti makes a nice bike. Better to buy used than new, no matter what you get.

Is there a usable (but lighter) spare tire/wheel combo you could run to accommodate the weight if a bike and a rack? You'd have to give up the pimp-coolness of a matching spare, but...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom