New Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks. Will keep that in mind.

Cheers!

Filled diffs, transmission, transfer case, and engine last night. No drips - so far, so good. Wish I could say that for the brake system...

Erik C. and I bought Trail Gear battery boxes. They are pretty cool, but have a lot of sharp edges so I spent some time rounding them off with a flapper disk on the 4" grinder. Shot a coat of primer on the pieces so they didn't rust up. Now I need to drill the holder so it can be bolted to the stock battery perch.

Trail Gear Battery Box.jpg

Out of town for the holiday, so only able to work this afternoon. Plumbed in the power steering system with hoses I had purchased last week. I didn't set up an inline cooler yet as I'm saving that for a future project. Replaced the TRE's, cleaned everything up, and shot a coat of paint on the steering components.

While those pieces were drying I drilled the battery box for attaching to the battery perch. Shot a coat of paint on the box as well. About that time I ran out of propane and the garage cooled off pretty quickly, so I called it a night.

I use some of those wire brushes that are Pipe cleaner style. Cut off the end and chuck into a drill.

Moved on with some odds and ends this weekend. Replaced the windshield wiper plug with Coolerman's replacement. That went fine, but now trying to diagnose the wiper system itself not working. I know I have power to the plug as the pump works, but in the first position I'm only seeing 5 volts at the motor. Nothing in the 2nd position. I took the switch apart and everything looks normal with minimal wear and little oxidation. Going to run some continuity checks, now that the leaves are raked.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449436991.379650.jpg

Replaced the rear brake banjo bolts with a longer bolt. Initially had a small leak, like a few drops overnight. Checked the web and the recommended torque on the bolt is 32 ft-lbs. That ended up adding about 3/8 of a turn and so far the leak has stopped.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449437240.157080.jpg

With no charcoal filter and the check valve no where to be found I dug around and found a thread on replacements for the $55 OEM check valve. This is from McMaster-Carr. Added (2) 1/4" male barbs to either end and it took longer to take the cover off than to make the modification.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449437362.877069.jpg

It runs!!! Erik C. came over today and helped with the final checklist, a few tweaks, and a couple of extra grounds. Dumped a little fuel in the carb and she started right up. Still has an open exhaust so not ready to fine tune it yet, but it is closer.

Sent from my iPad

Lesson to all. Extra grounds all over. I'm running redundant grounds thru my whole wiring harness. We smoked his voltage regulator just spinning the motor over.

Back doors are installed. Went to install the weather stripping and discovered SOR had shipped 2 styles of w/s. After a couple of e-mails I'm shipping both pieces back so that they can send the right piece and make sure I have pieces for both doors.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450460593.012583.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450460610.723228.jpg

Sent from my iPad

The curved ones? I shattered one in college and learned to install them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom