New project. GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great thread on a GX470 that I always admired...

My 2003 GX470

IMG_4014-800.jpg

Dans 03 has turned into an amazing project and truck. There are a few really nice ones out there. I'm currently sitting in the San Jose airport in CR and reading through a few more options before I start ordering things. Front bumper, lift, tires are the immediate needs. Rear bumper and sliders will be ordered separately within a week or 2. The unfortunate reality is that the sale of my beloved bronze 100 is going to fund most of this little endeavor. Or sell the 80...and that's not gonna happen. That or @Cruzrmama is gonna make me start selling bicycles and motorcycles. We seem to have too many things with wheels on them....and the pile of wheels and tires is a whole other story. :)

Looking forward to your build. I have an 04 GX too but haven't done a thing to it except add floor liners.

Metal Tech just released a new GX470 bumper. I like it:
1591_2_.jpg

That sure doesn't look like your grocery gettin mall cruiser. Badass!

I convinced metal tech they needed a raw option unpowdercoated. They were gracious enough to agree. :)

Eric can you sit in the front seat of the GX470? Headroom and legroom seem smaller than the 100.

Great looking bumper

??? I have never sat in another Cruiser than my own 80. And, even it needed some special seat treatment for me to fit comfortably.

Step 1 was put it together.
Step 2 was remove running boards.
Today was step 3. Install new wheels and tires.

20160420_184302.jpg
20160420_184246.jpg
20160420_180547.jpg

I have tentatively name her Flexus. Gotta get a lift on her and see how she does though

:)

You didn't ask us what color to paint the wheels, you definitely have the right color in my opinion. Flexus is looking good

Cant wait to see where it goes from here!

imagesQYROM000.jpg

Step 3.5. Installed 9000 series Rancho struts on the front and Tricked the airbags in the back. Ended up with about 2.5 inches of lift in the front, until I decide what full suspension kit to do in the future. Waiting on the Metaltech front bumper to arrive. Hopefully late next week.

20160430_153547.jpg
20160430_151525.jpg
20160430_113108.jpg
20160430_151512.jpg

She looks good . How's the ride and handling with the rancho's and rear bag trick.

She looks good . How's the ride and handling with the rancho's and rear bag trick.

It's nice in the front. Firm but not rough. I've only got about 10 miles since done to go on though. Rear is good but not as good as a nice set of springs I think. It will suffice for now. I will need to make a quick trip to box canyon soon for a trail test.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom