New PNW Cruiser "Maddie" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After 10 years of regrets of selling my 60 after college....I brought home Maddie (2.0)!!!

The Good:
The body is great only two spots of surface rust, Engine was rebuilt 3 yrs ago and brand new tires.

The soon to be good
OME / Tie Rod Ends / Alignment (need to do now but holding off until lift and tie rods) / Head light upgrade

Thats what I got for now, well that is until I can read everyones build thread and steal all the best ideas!!!

Great looking rig! Congratulations. Where are you in the PNW?

Thanks guys! I can't wait to finish this work trip to get back home and start working in the garage.
@Cruzerman
I am in Seattle

Congrats on the 60 and good to see another Seattle cruiser head! :beer:

nate - Nice looking truck. I recently did similar projects and went:

1. 555 Tie Rods from Cruiser solutions (Kurt) - installed myself (lots of grunt).
  2. wiring harness / bulb upgrades - harness put in by TORFAB (recommend highly).
  3. Depending on your objectives you may try doing shocks first, and decide on lift later. I did shock and then tall/skinny tires.

Truck lives in the Jet City - but aspires to live off-pavement in the mountains (like its owner). Good success.

Ellensburg area?

Nice looking rig!

@nw_fj62 - thanks for the advice I was searching around and it looks like Kurt is the man for the tie rods. I have Cibie with Hella H4 on their way and have wired wagon upgrade plus aux fuse box for the electrical. I havent had great luck with wiring but I am going to give it a go. TOR has a suspension kit for sale that looks great plus they are so close that when I get back into town I am going to stop by and see them and ask all the noob questions.

@moclakens - Ellensburg for sure I picked her up in Spokane. Wife thinks I was a bit nuts to fly out there, run a 10k then buy the rig and drive it home. Now she wants to drive it more than her new Audi .... She says its way more fun to take the dogs to the park in it :meh:

@nw_fj62 - thanks for the advice I was searching around and it looks like Kurt is the man for the tie rods. I have Cibie with Hella H4 on their way and have wired wagon upgrade plus aux fuse box for the electrical. I havent had great luck with wiring but I am going to give it a go. TOR has a suspension kit for sale that looks great plus they are so close that when I get back into town I am going to stop by and see them and ask all the noob questions.

@moclakens - Ellensburg for sure I picked her up in Spokane. Wife thinks I was a bit nuts to fly out there, run a 10k then buy the rig and drive it home. Now she wants to drive it more than her new Audi .... She says its way more fun to take the dogs to the park in it :meh:

I installed the upgraded headlight harness and it was super easy! You can definitely do it. All it really requires is bolting the relay box down, routing the harness in the engine bay and then plugging in the lights. :banana:

Finally made it home for a weekend after a long trip and whats there to greet me but my two dogs and a pile of boxes!! So after a coffee and a bit of inspection and reading of the installation instructions I disappeared to the garage.

Updated Parts:
Changed all fluids
Inspected the Tie Rods Drag Links (etc)
Started doing my own alignment then thought better and just brought it to a shop and had them do it for me
Ciabie w/ Hella H4
Pfrans LED dome lights and backup lights
Wired Wagon Aux Fuse Box and Headlight Harness
Painted the front Grill, Bumper, Vents

The Wired Wagon stuff is amazing!! easy to install works and looks great. The headlights are a huge difference as everyone says but until I did it you really don't know how much. Now I have to decide on driving lights ..... Hella or Light force????? I really like the look and idea of the 240 XGT but really not sure.

Congrats on the new cruiser, looks like you aren't wasting any time on the upgrades. If you have any questions or need any parts feel free to swing on by the shop.

IMG_1440.JPG IMG_1439.JPG IMG_1528.JPG IMG_1529.JPG

Good looking cruiser man! I've been debating on painting my grill also. I do like the chrome grill but its starting to peel in spots.

Welcome...great to have another MUD member in Seattle. Tor and his team are top notch. I got the wired wagon harness too with EVO headlights love it. Definitely have to watch the :princess:...mine is always eyeing my rig...and is mad that I won't tell her how to trip the kill switch Tor put in for me. Work in SLU and live out in Issaquah...if you need a hand any time let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom