New Member and FJ owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so been lurking around the forums for awhile now waiting till i could get afford and more important find something new to start on.Im located in Navarre fl and this is my first what i would consider fullsize vehicle im starting before now iv been bouncing around on atv's but then got married and lets admit it not as much fun. So finnaly about 2 weeks ago i found a 1970 fj40 on craigslist in dublin Georgia and to my suprise my wife fell in love with it as well and actually wants to help build it:eek: so went and picked it up for 1000 which i thought was decent seeing the condition its in but enough of the boring and more about the 40

Its was built in Feb 1970 And to my knowledge i am the third owner. The PO bought it back in the 80's but for about past 15 years has been used at his cousins cattle farm which is where most the damage came from. But it was a factory soft top and has the drop down tailgate even came with soft top frame and original soft doors. The PO installed a toyota 4 spd since i guess it had the 3 on the pillar and also installed a fuel cell in behind front seats which are im guessing late 90's factory gm seats. Also PO installed a SOA kit which to my surprise looks pretty decent except theres no rear shocks and course its sitting on some dry rotted 38" gumbo mudders. Has some typical problems like Carb and Brakes and of course the wires look like a birds nest and nothing works but hell it was thousand bucks and should be fun project to learn on and sorry dont have alot of pics yet and yes i know the bezel is upside down i was laughing with the PO how he messed that up:doh:

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.JPG

Nice find indeed. Exactly what I would like to find. Can't complain for a grand either. Good luck bringing her back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom