New Guy coming to Fresno (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks, I recall some folks mentioned Shaver Lake have some cool spots.
My friend want to go to camp Edison in Sept but it looks kind of boring, any recommendations to something else a bit more exciting around there?

hmmm.. maybe boring is not so bad since there will be a handful of kids.

Well U can camp at Edison and go wheel for the day. There is the Bald Mount Lookout Trail that can be easy or hard if U know where to look for the runner obstacles. U can make a date trip into Strawberry Lake on the Red Mount OHV trail system.

Check it out on line or pick up a map at the Clovis Forest Service Ranger Station

Look up Stawberry, Coyote, Red, Brewer, Swap Lakes.
If you want a taste of Rubicon then look up Dusy Ershom Trail.
Bald Mountain is a good trail for kids... you can peal away & go back to camp quickly if needed.

I like to camp back past dinkey anywhere close to the back side of swamp! I like a creek up there that I take the kids to let them play in , wheel alittle ....also crescent meadow area has a lot of bear if kids would like to see them almost guarantee to see at least one!

I like to camp back past dinkey anywhere close to the back side of swamp! I like a creek up there that I take the kids to let them play in , wheel alittle ....also crescent meadow area has a lot of bear if kids would like to see them almost guarantee to see at least one!

These bears... do they like to maw on humans? Do you bring anything for bear protection? I often bring bear deterrent when I go out.

Watching bald mountain videos on youtube, looks like it's a fun trail to get to the tower.
A lot of these guys like to take the fun route :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom