New FJ60 to area, local parts source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, recently purchased an FJ60 (1984) and am attempting to locate a local parts supplier (if possible). Im am in the central AR area and the dealerships have been less than helpful so far. I am attempting to find belts, hoses, and a thermostat but can only seem to find parts through some of the online vendors. Before i start spending money, I thought I would check in here to see if any of you had advice, experience, and knowledge that you think I could find useful prior to starting this hunt? Thanks in advance, and I look forward to becoming more involved and hopefully meeting a few of you in the future.

- Brett -

I've really only had good luck with true Toyota parts via the various online dealers for parts like that. I live in Conway and really don't want to have to drive far for what I can get online and there was no one in Conway that had these parts but the local dealer and it seems that their parts store people didn't want to be bothered looking up older parts.

I think you would be just fine with Gates belts and hoses. Any part store will carry these.
Trick is to find a place that still has an old school parts man behind the counter. Not just a button pusher...

BTW are you interested in any FJ60 parts? I am parting out my 87 and just about everything is gone but a I have ARB springs and Ironman anti-reversal shackles front and rear that are in good shape. Also have some small misc parts still.

BTW are you interested in any FJ60 parts? I am parting out my 87 and just about everything is gone but a I have ARB springs and Ironman anti-reversal shackles front and rear that are in good shape. Also have some small misc parts still.

I could possibly be interested depending on what you have left over. I'm not necessarily looking for springs or shackles at this time however.

Thanks to all who have offered advice so far.

other big parts I have is all the glass, transmission, good lower tailgate

Body panels are not good

I have a bunch of small interior parts

If you want to come by sometime and check it out let me know

Welcome fellow FJ60 owner!

I use Napa, online Toyota dealers (including beno), and aftermarket online vendors like Cool Cruisers, Cruiser Corps, SOR, etc.

Where in the Central AR area are you?

I use Napa, online Toyota dealers (including beno), and aftermarket online vendors like Cool Cruisers, Cruiser Corps, SOR, etc.

At one time we had a club discount set up with Landers for parts. Does that still exist? I always had to supply part numbers, but it was an option for small orders when it wasn't worth calling Beno, Dan, or Sam.

I'm in LR.

I'm familiar with the online vendors you mentioned but not Beno? How would I go about contacting them as I would like to keep to OEM parts as much as possible.

I have some rust in the rear tailgate area. Would any of you local guys suggest any shop in particular to go to or to stay away from for this repair? I have another gate, but really want to try and have this fixed before it progresses too much more.

FJ rust.jpg

Bobby at the Cruiser Company might be able to give you some help as well...

welcome to the 60 family !!
I use cruiser outfitters all I can, ya have to wait a bit for shipping but you can bet its quality and at a fair price from a true cruiser guy

I have some rust in the rear tailgate area. Would any of you local guys suggest any shop in particular to go to or to stay away from for this repair? I have another gate, but really want to try and have this fixed before it progresses too much more.

View attachment 1330012

thats a pretty easy fix. probably about 2 hrs of work/around 150 bucks to make a patch panel bend, cut it out and weld in/grind the new piece and glaze it/get it ready to paint. the outside lower edge of the tailgate itself is a bit more difficult. It looks like you have rust on both the outer and inner edge which requires patches done to both and the lip folded back over back to stock look.

yeah if any of you guys need OEM parts, I get 25 percent off and I ll pass 20 percent off you guys only because I would have to sit on the phone for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom