1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New FJ Cruiser concept vehicle

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by cruiserhk91, Jan 8, 2003.

1. cruiserhk91

cruiserhk91

If you want to see some cool FJ Cruiser pix, go to www.cruiserland.com

2. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    wish they had some interior shots of that...but I thought it was kewl!

hope it goes into a production mode in a year-three....

3. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

4. paulj

paulj

I like the way the interior's kind of spartan with lots of painted metal, rubber mats, and what appear to be vinyl seats. It has some of the spirt of an FJ 40. I also like the way the exterior is reminiscent of a 40 without being cute or corny. (See the PT Cruiser and Plymouth Prowler as bad examples of retro design.) It's hard to tell by a photo, but it looks a bit massive like a Hummer. It might just be the proportions, though. I'd hope they'd build it about the size of an FJ 70 or FJ 40. The GPS is pretty neat. Hope it comes with a removable hard top, manual transmission, and a diesel engine as an option.

5. HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Media:
    At first glance, I was hesitant. But then it hit me... This is hands down the coolest concept vehicle I have seen yet. In my opinion the interior needs help, like those mondo grab bars that run all the way in front of the driver for example, and the part without glass in the rear is kind of restrictive. But other than that I think it looks mean and massive.
    I am a fan of the H2, even after all of the criticism it has gotten, and I think it is one of the few that can compare with the tough look that this has. Then again look isn't everything, but... you know.
    Just my 2 cents.