New F & 2F carbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Having had the carburetor rebuilt twice I am now convinced that the only way to make my '84 FJ60 run well would be to install a new carburetor. It is currently California smog legal and ideally it would remain California smog legal. Do you have any suggestions?

Troll hole I am in the middle of a f engine rebuild for a 64 fj40, it turns out that I have a Rochester carb which I assume was not stock. Do you have an option for a replacement?

Where can I get a stock carb spacer? I am going to ditch my cheap weber knock-off for one of your carbs.

I've used cruiserparts.net in the past and had good luck.

Troll hole I am in the middle of a f engine rebuild for a 64 fj40, it turns out that I have a Rochester carb which I assume was not stock. Do you have an option for a replacement?

I don't have an option for a single barrel carb. Try finding a small window single barrel and having marks offroad or JIMC rebuild it for you.

@Trollhole - am I reading this (below) correctly?

"This carb can be used to retrofit those who have Weber or Holley carbs as well. If you have either of these carbs you will need a stock carb spacer. Includes choke cable stop and stainless steel throttle cable bracket. You will need to purchase the throttle cable from SOR.com or Toyota ( SOR qty1 of part #042-04B-EC and qty2 of 042-34A)"

In order to replace my Weber with existing throttle cable, do I need to anything else? I guess I should have done more reading. Is this a good pic of how I should expect my throttle cable to connects once the bracket is installed? With the cable coming in from ábove' ?

Yours (from first post):

image.jpeg

Mine from the Weber 38 :

image.jpeg

And the carb that you sent me :

image.jpg

Did I overlook the SS throttle cable bracket in the packaging?
As far as the electric choke - since yours does not have an electric choke (right) - does your wire hook to my harness that WAS connected to the Weber electric choke?

Thx

Last edited:
Thanks for the tour on Friday, Marahall ! And a bigger thanks for the carb parts I needed !

....and when I came back by from our camping trip - guess who was at work on Sunday ? yes, our carb, dizzy and Land Cruiser guru Marahall was there working.

I'll be installing my carb as soon as my throttle cable Assy comes in ! Thanks again !

Let me know when you have more ready to go out for a 1F. Also not sure what I would need to adapt my current situation to accept one of those carbs. Here is what I have currently. It is an old Rochester carb.

20151226_170223.jpg
20151226_170230.jpg
20151226_170236.jpg
20151226_170241.jpg
20151226_170217.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom