New F & 2F carbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay here is the latest on the dizzy's and carbs. My carbs are ready to ship have been for over a week now from my manufacturer. The distributors won't be ready to ship to me until the 10th. I went with a better design and that has taken them some time to retool. I'm waiting on airing these things to me together so I don't get raped on the freight charges. I was told they would be ready by the 20th of last month to ship but that date has come and gone. Sorry for those of you who have had to wait. I'll make it up somehow to you. If you cant wait 10 more days let me know and those of you who have paid I'll be more than happy to refund your money.

Paypal sent for carb and dizzy! Hopefully you have enough in this order for mine. I have a stock '74 F. I'm pretty sure I ordered the correct one (cable throttle type). Also, even though I have the stock cable still in place I need to get the new cable and nuts it sounds like, correct?

Thanks!

Marshall. Looking to pull the trigger on a carb. I just want to make sure I'm ordering the correct one. Sent you a PM. thanks.

Paypal sent for carb and dizzy! Hopefully you have enough in this order for mine. I have a stock '74 F. I'm pretty sure I ordered the correct one (cable throttle type). Also, even though I have the stock cable still in place I need to get the new cable and nuts it sounds like, correct?

Thanks!

As long as your cable looks like this then you should be fine.

img_9904-jpg.937074

PayPal sent for a 2F carb. Thanks for your help!
Todd

As long as your cable looks like this then you should be fine.

img_9904-jpg.937074

You know what I'm pretty sure now I have the mechanical linkage type - there is only one cable going to the carb, and that is for the choke. I took a video of what happens when I step on gas pedal and clearly no cable gets pulled and an arm actuates the carb. Please forgive me I'm a total car noob. Hopefully I caught you before they shipped. If you would like to see the video let me know and I can email it to you. Thanks!

Hi Trollhole, I received my carb on 7-14 thanks. Unfortunately I wont be able to install it for a month or so, to many irons in the fire right now. I will let you know how it goes when I get it in, Thanks again.
Just a report back, got around to putting on the new trollhole carb. Very easy to install and get tuned, took more time to get the smog equipment off than it did to get the carb on and the beast running, Wow what a difference. Thank you, and thanks to the members on this web site for all there useful information.

Any ETA on the next batch?
Thanks!

Great news! I've been waiting as the truck has been running pretty poorly right now.

WOOOHOOO!!! This is great news.
I haven't driven mine in 2 weeks.

Need some help with a 76 FJ40 carb.
Wouldn't start after sitting for a year or so, towed to the mechanic and he replaced the coil. Runs when provided with fuel. Said the carb needs to be rebuilt/replaced. Seems like you are the man to provide one. My only confusion is which one? Anything I need to check first?
Thanks much!

Great. Thanks for your prompt reply.

I just ordered it. Let me know if you need anything or if I need to do anything other than cap off the fuel return line.
Let me know if the shipment can be expedited for an additional cost too as I'd love to get this going asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom