New F & 2F carbs (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got about 20 carbs left in stock. Which is a first since 2 years ago. I'm leaving July 14 to go on vacation for two weeks. So if you order a carb by this Sunday I'll get them out this Monday.

TH carb installed. Gas is visibly present in the window but it will not start. It would appear that gas does not travel past that window. The only way to start it is to pour gas in it. It will idle for a time and then cut out. Can someone please help. Would appreciate any tips and/or advice!

Thanks

Lisa

Hi Trollhole, I received my carb on 7-14 thanks. Unfortunately I wont be able to install it for a month or so, to many irons in the fire right now. I will let you know how it goes when I get it in, Thanks again.

I wish i would have seen this earlier! But at this price im still considering it. Does this still retain the HAC? Fuel decel cut off? Who makes this thing? Thanks a ton, sorry for all the questions!

I have purchased three carbs from Marshall and they have all worked incredibly well. The first was put on a '76 40 with33s a desmogged 2f and an Aisin vacuum advance dizzy with an electronic module to replace the points; the rest of the drivetrains was stock. That Carb replaced a Holley. Night and day how well it started, ran and the amount of power it delivered. This truck was in Tennessee when I lived there, so lower elevations.

The second and third of Marshall's carbs that I purchased are on my current vehicles; a '77 40 with a desmogged 2f and the stock non-vacuum advance distributor with an electronic module. This carb replaced a 32/36 Weber that worked ok but always dumped extra fuel after it shut off. The TH carb on this truck (stock drivetrain with 31s) works just as well as the one on my '76 back in Tennessee. I now live in Bozeman, MT where the elevation is over 4200 ft. So far I have had no need to rejet or have had any concerns at elevations over 7000ft. (I haven't taken it any higher than that since I put the carb on). It runs awesome and I have no trepidations about running larger tires (which is going to happen in the near future). It has plenty of power and better fuel economy. The other truck is an '84 FJ60 desmogged 2F with stock electronic dizzy, stock drivetrain and 31s . This carb replaced a 32/36 Weber as well and I have experienced the same results.

It really is a bolt on and go application that is priced right! Plus, Marshall is honest, provides excellent customer service and stands behind his product. You can't go wrong with this carb.

How do I order and what are the prices? Inbox me please.

Do you have any F carbs in stock? Thanks

I installed the new carb and it works great. I have one question. The hose in the attached picture connected to the Aisin carb but there is no provision on your carb. What is it for and do I need to plug it or can I just remove it?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407379544.955299.jpg

Ya I'd like to know the current price too. For a 2f will be replacing a weber, so cable and manual choke.
Did I read I need a stock plate for the manifold?
And is there an aftermarket air filter for this or do I need to source a stock set up.

Thanks
A

Stock insulator plate. I've been buying mine from cruiserparts.net. Also I'd go back to the stock air cleaner. Just a way better option than an aftermarket air cleaner.

Current price is 245 for the mechanical linkage carb and 290 for the cable carb. That price will be going up $25 this coming monday. I'm trying to get my business in order and have to make a certain % on everything I sell. Have to pay for the shop and the million other things the government is making me do. I still think 270 isn't bad for a brand new carb.

Ya I'd like to know the current price too. For a 2f will be replacing a weber, so cable and manual choke.
Did I read I need a stock plate for the manifold?
And is there an aftermarket air filter for this or do I need to source a stock set up.

Thanks
A
Stock insulator plate. I've been buying mine from cruiserparts.net. Also I'd go back to the stock air cleaner. Just a way better option than an aftermarket air cleaner.

Current price is 245 for the mechanical linkage carb and 290 for the cable carb. That price will be going up $25 this coming monday. I'm trying to get my business in order and have to make a certain % on everything I sell. Have to pay for the shop and the million other things the government is making me do. I still think 270 isn't bad for a brand new carb.

alright thanks for info, now I'd like some clarification on the distributors you have. It seems I've seen discussions on points and electronic, which one do you have and are they the 60 if electronic, clearly vacuum advanced
Please let me know
Thanks
Aaron

All my distributors are electronic. Basically a clone of a what I call a medium cap mid 70's land cruiser distributor. It will work on any f and 2f motor. On the fj60 motor or anything 79 and later you will need to purchase a hold down clamp as the original stock distributors had the clamp incorporated into the housing.

All my distributors are vac advance, all are electronic, all will fit any F and 2F and all use 77 fj40 plugs, caps, and rotor buttons.

They told me today that they would be in late next week. Not what I wanted to hear but it is what it is. I can only voice so much anger in Chinese over the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom