New F & 2F carbs (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm working on that. I'd much rather have an adapter made that will allow for the cable than to have you try to put the mechanical on it. Give me a little time to figure it out.

i have a 71 fj-55 cable linkage, any luck on getting the right adapters

i have a 71 fj-55 cable linkage, any luck on getting the right adapters

I have some adapters fabricated but until I can get time to install them I won't know.

Marshall, What about my 11/71 FJ55? Is the the carb and dizzy an option for me. Looks like mine has a Rochester carb and GM dizzy. Would this be an improvement? I no nothing about the efficiency's of carbs. I'm excited about these though. Fill me in. My cruiser's finally close. Stockpiling the final goods lately.

Stu I believe you have a cable carb. It requires a few different linkage pieces. I should have something ready to sell for these by the end of the month.

Ok. I'll be ready for it by then. Can you mark me down for a carb/dizzy combo assuming you can link me up? Trying for a Lowcountry LC HAMOM at my house Aug.22nd. Don't have to have it by then. May get the Rochester running, but would rather go back to stock. LET ME KNOW!

I love following your threads, ideas, projects. Thanks man.

Oh... P.S: you got to see what a decent job the body shop did to that hood you transported for me! Should have the build thread up to date by this weekend.

Marshall, did you ever figure out if the carb works with a Pertonix setup?

Carb will work with a pertronix. I don't know if it will work with my distributors.

Just wanted to say, got my carb. on. Everything went good, took me about 3 hrs to get all the smog equipment off, and get the new carb. on. Very easy to do. I'll post up some pics later when I get a chance. I'll have to say this is the best bang for your buck on a new carb., especially if you are doing a desmog to your rig.
Great product for a reasonable price. Thanks Marshall

Mike

As far as hoses. If you have a distributor that is vented I'd keep that plumbing.

Only thing you need is a vac line from the carb to the distributor and one to the brake booster. Everything else can come off or be capped off.

If you have a dizzy that is vented, where does that line go to ? It got yanked when we pulled the other lines. We seem to have a vacuum issue as its idling up and down and not starting very well. What timing would you recommend @ 7,000 + ? Sorry for the questions.

Mike

Still have these carbs available? God Bless you for doing this!! I'll be placing an order for one next month how are the supplies holding up?

If you have a dizzy that is vented, where does that line go to ? It got yanked when we pulled the other lines. We seem to have a vacuum issue as its idling up and down and not starting very well. What timing would you recommend @ 7,000 + ? Sorry for the questions.

Mike

My dizzy is vented but on the bottom there is no port for you to hook a line to.

As fas as timing I'd stay at 7 degrees TDC. It should run well there. only advance more if you know what you are doing. As you can advace to far and get detonation.

Still have these carbs available? God Bless you for doing this!! I'll be placing an order for one next month how are the supplies holding up?

Still have my first round. Sell a couple every week. Should last into sept. I will be placing my second order in a few weeks.

Paypal sent for carb and dizzy. I am so glad I came across this thread as I was actually contemplating rebuilding my carb myself. TIA. :cheers:

This thing doesn't happen to come with a new gasket does it? If not do regular old parts places usually have them, or should I just make my own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom