New Custom Roof Rack, Bump it Offroad (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.carapacecampers.com
Disclaimer: I am Mike's brother-in-law. I don't want anyone thinking I am not being straightforward with my post.

I was really into pre-runners and desert trucks until attending the DTCC Cruiser Classic this summer and "rock crawling" my Tundra. Since then I bought a 100 series and started building it for my needs and sold my Tundra.

After looking at all of the other roof racks out there, I talked Mike into fabricating something that would fit my needs.

The rack should weigh less than 100 lbs, have a "BIG" light on it that doesn't detract to much from the mileage and doesn't add a lot of noise. I also want to mount 4 bikes on it, use regular tie-downs to strap stuff to it and have a large flat section.

That all being said, It's coming down to Tucson manana! 40" Rigid LED light bar as well!

I'll post install pics tomorrow!

Post em up... I'll be in the market for a rack sometime soon and from what i've seen so far the Bump IT Offroad products look nice and have had good support and reviews in the 100 community...

Can't wait for pics.

Sure wish my BrOIL had skills like Mike's.

On second thought, Mike's home delivery would make me happy. Santa :santa: dropped the ball on rear bumper again this year....:bang:

VERY interested to see how this comes out!

Side note: the LED bars are fantastic but I'm still a sucker for the old school round light look...

...I had to change my avatar because I miss my 3 hellas. I dont miss the distracting hotspots on twisty mountain roads though.

Nice! This sounds like it is going to be a great rack. I am looking forward to seeing some pics...

Here's the pics, If you wanna see a different angle let me know. I took most of the pics on Mike's truck since it showed up better on the White truck than my black one.

I stood on one crossbar and hopped up and down (I'm 6'6" and 250 lbs)

Mike is going to lower the mounts 3/4 of an inch on the next one to snug it up towards the roof and still allow sunroof clearance.

The best part of it is it can be customized however you like. It's 1 1/2 tube on the outside with 1" crossbars and weighs just over 80 lbs.
IMG_1655.jpg
IMG_1661.jpg
IMG_1647.jpg

looks really nice.

Nice Rack! I was seriously considering the Rigid light bar on mine as well, but it was either that...or food for the kids....

...sell the kids.

could rent them too. ongoing revenue stream rather than one-time income.

think of it this way... the rigid bar makes it SAFER to take the kids out in the truck. there's your justification (or rationalization)

Definitely want one of these. Solves my dilemma regarding getting lighting up top. Would like approx. pricing when Mike has it.

I will need to make sure I can fit a med. Maggiolina Airland between the forward upright section. Also that the length is sufficient to have the tent fully supported. Not so much for strength but it would bother me if it overhung the edge of the rack.:rolleyes:

Another consideration I have is being able to mount our Fiamma awning to the "feet" or rails.

How about some outside diameter dimensions? From the pics it looks smaller then most full sized racks, definitely more narrow. I'm guessing 45" wide compared to say the Front Runner at 53" wide. Let me guess, you guys picked that width to closely match the LED bar?

Of course the beauty of custom is you can have him make it whatever width you would like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom