New 100 series antenna question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SpaceGhost

GOLD Star
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I was fully prepared to fix the wife's antenna yesterday (while she grilled dinner). But Oh no, can't be that simple.

I picked up the replacement and posted for tips in a previous thread. However the plastic cable is broken off at the bottom of the mast. It doesn't come up far enough to see or grab it, the motor just grinds. So I assume I have to pull the whole deal outta the Cruiser and fix it on the bench. Whats the procedure for this? Can I be so luccky as to get it out by removing the shield in the inner fender from below?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Mike,
My 97 has the same antenna motor with plastic gear. I had the same problem and had to open the motor to remove the remnants.

We only have a few (two?) non-lurking 100 owners that frequent this section. Maybe someone else will chime in.

If none of them have done this repair then I can tell you how to do it on an 80 series. I have never seen under the hood of a 100 series so I don't know how to gain access to the motor or how to pull the antenna wire or remove the plug from the back of the radio.
-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom