Need help on tire size decision. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to get a set of MTRs for my truck, but i am having trouble deciding between 285/75R16 and 305/70R16. It is my daily driver and I live where there is snow on the ground from mid oct to mid apr. I would like a few opinions and or experiences.
Thanks,
Sean

For me the long winter makes it a no brainer - go for the skinnier tiers. You want the tiers to be able to dig down through the snow to get traction on the pavement.

I have 305's, I prefer 305's. The width difference is 20mm. not much. They fiil the wheel wells a bit better and they "look" better. BTW, I imagine you know that "It's not important to be good, it's important to look good. And you look marvelous" :D

Dan,

Do you have a 305 in the spare tire loc.?

Yup, under the vehicle. I spaced the carrier up about an inch in the same fashion described by Rogue(thanks for the idea Rogue). It fit before I did that but it hung down a bit more than I liked. It took longer to go buy a pile of washers and longer bolts than it took to move it up. :D

MTN - consider this a vote for the 285's. Skinnier = better in those conditions - at least most of the time.

No problem Dan. I think I owe you a few more though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom