Nebraska Cruisers Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Scott,

I used to live in Lincoln for a few years, I know Aaron aka corn man is from Lincoln. Lets see some pics of your truck.

We have talked about going down to Tuttle as a group but never made any plans.

Yep, I'm in Lincoln--live in SE Lincoln. I am surprised I have not seen you around, samuelsmith. Chapman has a 40 and a 80 here in Lincoln, and Sylvia has a 40 and also here in Lincoln. I see a few others around, but no built ones. Unfortunately, the roughest thing my beast has been on is the "Zoofari" in Ashland as it is my DD. If we can nail down something far enough out I think a daytrip would be fun...

Hello, It's good to see there are a few more cruiser owners in Nebraska. My name is Mark. My wife, 2 kids, and I live in Gretna. I have a 78 FJ40. I'm currently trying to get mine running again. Troubleshooting a stubborn problem. Would like to meet with other owners some time. My father also lives in Gretna and has an 83 FJ40 and a 77 FJ40. The 77 is currently undergoing a restoration.

hi guys

Hi Guys, Former Cruiser owner here. Although I am Cruiser-less at the moment, I still crave the ability to take my ride off road. Along with the Landcruiser, I am also a fanatic of the Toyota Previa. For many years I have had dreams of building a Supercharged , Dual Sunroof, Manual Transmission, Lifted, 4x4 Previa. Toyota never ( at least in the USA) put the dual sunroof option with the AllTrac ( all wheel drive). The also never put the manual transmission with the Supercharged engine. So, after deciding that I was going to build it, I purchased a nice rust free van from Alabama and started gathering all the parts I would need to buld my dream van. After 2 years of searching salvage yards for my parts, I finally found the final piece, a 3 speed ( 2wd, 4hi, 4low ) transfer case that I found in a yard in Colorado Springs.
I took a week off from work, and started wrenching.:wrench: I now have my dream Van.
I still have plenty to do as no project is ever really complete ....
I am introducing myself here because I would love to come along on some of your outings. Yes, I know that I wont be able to go some places that a lifted cruiser will, but I think many will be surprised at what my little van can do.

So, please Keep me in the loop for any gatherings, outtings you may have going on. I live in Omaha, but with my job, I drive all over the midwest.

IMG_1689.jpg

Hi Guys, Former Cruiser owner here. Although I am Cruiser-less at the moment, I still crave the ability to take my ride off road. Along with the Landcruiser, I am also a fanatic of the Toyota Previa. For many years I have had dreams of building a Supercharged , Dual Sunroof, Manual Transmission, Lifted, 4x4 Previa. Toyota never ( at least in the USA) put the dual sunroof option with the AllTrac ( all wheel drive). The also never put the manual transmission with the Supercharged engine. So, after deciding that I was going to build it, I purchased a nice rust free van from Alabama and started gathering all the parts I would need to buld my dream van. After 2 years of searching salvage yards for my parts, I finally found the final piece, a 3 speed ( 2wd, 4hi, 4low ) transfer case that I found in a yard in Colorado Springs.
I took a week off from work, and started wrenching.:wrench: I now have my dream Van.
I still have plenty to do as no project is ever really complete ....
I am introducing myself here because I would love to come along on some of your outings. Yes, I know that I wont be able to go some places that a lifted cruiser will, but I think many will be surprised at what my little van can do.

So, please Keep me in the loop for any gatherings, outtings you may have going on. I live in Omaha, but with my job, I drive all over the midwest.

IMG_1689.jpg

Welcome! :flipoff2: (Note - that is the official iH8mud salute - not an insult)

Yes, I've met him - and yes he's for real. He's built a lifted 4x4 Toyota vehicle with a multi-range locking transfer case. Pretty cool - if a bit odd.

I think we need to have a round up before the cold weather really sets in. Maybe just hot dogs at Mahoney again to put people together?

Greetings

Hello all - newbie here. Thanks to Corn Man for letting me know about this group. I have been using ih8mud for some time to find answers, but had no idea you local guys existed...

I've had my '96 FJ80 for about a year and half. I used it as my DD for about 6 months. It started as a good basic Cruiser. It remains a work in progress, but I've done the following thus far:
3" OME lift
ARB front bumper with winch
Slee rear bumper with spare
M/T beadlook rims wtih 315/75/R16 BFG MT T/A's
Slee sliders
Viper alarm and remote start
Center diff switch
Full tune-up, new radiator, and recently new brakes
And some creature comforts inside

Still on the to-do list (soon and over the next few years):
ARB front and rear lockers
V-8 conversion by Proffitts
4.88 gears
Seat heaters
Fix up driver's side leather seat

I've been a Moab regular since 1995. Started mountain biking, then as the legs wore out and the funding increased I switched to four wheeling. I'm not into the extreme stuff - not a fan of body damage or near death experiences... But nothing beats a good run on places like slickrock or poison spider.

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Welcome to our little corner of 'Mud Moab. I had the pleasure of seeing his rig--nice, very nice! Good to meet you Moab, and again welcome!

Aaron

Hey all!

I know I met a few of you at a meet up in Mahoney, I think in the fall of 2011?

I looked for quite a while for a cruiser (100 series) to trade my 06 Taco in on. Didn't happen. The only one's that I would consider ended up being over $30k, and had too many miles on them for me to stomach the price. Wife says, "what about a 4runner?" At the time, I hadn't looked into the 2010+ 4R's, and so I started looking at them online. Thought the Trail edition looked like a great option. Performance Lincoln had one on the lot too!!! That night, I was driving it :D

I've had it for a year now, and it's my kid haulin', grocery getter. Once our kids grow up enough to put themselves into their car seats, I'm going to lift it a touch, and do the normal upgrades (skids, tires, roof rack and maybe roof top tent). For now, it's gotta stay stock.

So, since I am a little closer to a bon-a-fide cruiser owner (hey, it's a 150 series...right?), I figured I would try and keep an eye on the forum, and meet up when I can. It's tough though. I am a Stay at home Dad, and my son is 20months, and our baby girl is due Feb 5th. Gonna be BUSY!! :eek:

I am in S.W. Lincoln(way South on 27th).
I brew beer.
Feel free to shoot me a PM if you are in my neck of the woods and are thirsty :cheers:

-Kurt

Hey Curt,

Yes I remember you coming out and meeting us at Mahoney! I have since sold my 80 but I still have my nice shiney LX470 that looks good in a mall parking lot!

Let's see some pics for the 4Runner!

FJ 55 Owner in Omaha

Just picked this up from a fellow mudder in Washington.

Jeff

cruiser.JPG

Jeff

Welcome! :flipoff2:

I love the FJ55 style - very cool.

We should probably start considering a spring get-together or an early summer trip to Tuttle. Hmm... With my boys in Boy Scouts now, my weekends are more occupied than ever. Scheduling may be a trick.

Jeff

Cool truck! W E L C :flipoff2: M E!

Grench I think you are correct we should think of a meet and greet at least, it seems that we have quite a few "new" members and it would be great to get together with everyone. I am sure everyone is dying to see my bone stock 100 :hillbilly:.

I'd be game for heading to Tuttle again with everybody. Hopefully it won't be so muddy this year.

Even if it is - we know better now and can stick a bit more towards the 'high ground' and not try to send an unlocked truck through a water hole.

Frankly I'm the wrong guy to organize a trip right now - who can run point on it? Start a new thread though - I'm betting this comment gets deleted from this one.

Grench you are correct, these comments will get deleted out of here soon. Please try and keep this thread to introductions only!

I will leave this up but someone start a tuttle 2013 thread and can discuss there!

My son just bought his first car, '93 FZJ, no lockers, 162k, stock.

I wanted something to work on, so I encouraged him to try it. My brother has a '97 and has 180k on it and loves it.

Having some issues, new PS pump, then replaced the lines. New pads, turned front rotors, fixed Ebrake, repacked front bearings. Changed plugs/wires/distributor/rotor.

Still to do: Code 25,26 comes up. PO jumped the diagnostic box and so fuel pump is always running. Smell of syrup when the vent from the outside is turned on, not when on recirculate.

But body, interior solid. Runs so smooth!

New member here to the forums, moved to Hebron, NE about 2 months ago. It is nice to see some NE folks on here, and want to be part of this and meet up with you guys if available! I am looking to a life change to a 80 series for the family for travel and exploration. Currently in the process of selling our 08 FJC with radflo lift and some other things on it...It will still be in the family so maybe they can meet up to.

Take care, and its nice to meet you folks!

Robert

Hi Everyone

Patrick West here from Honey Creek IA (20 min north of Omaha).

Owner of a '77 FJ40 Chevy 350 SM465, NP205, D60's, 35'' Super Swampers

0730131455.jpg

484128_3306434914376_461333349_n.jpg

Welcome everyone! Hopefully we can get things organized for a fall gathering/trip. Be sure to set up the notification thread so you're included when things start to happen.

Welcome!

Greetings. Haven't been on mud for a couple years due to some life changes and getting a business up and going.

i picked up my 77 40 series from hodag and his buddy in, i think, 08. Performed a bunch of surgery on it, then daily drove it from then until fall of 2011. It's pretty much been languishing outside our shop for the duration. Time to remedy that, and get it back to daily driver status.

I currently have 3 projects that are mine. The 40, my 05 genuine stella scooter, and i need to build a transmission for my 2002 wrx. The Stella is pretty much done, just need more test rides and dial in the jetting. I have what I need for the xmission, now i just need a couple's of hours to put it together, and a Saturday( or Sunday) to swap out the gearbox and rear diff

I want skip trans, and get right to the 40.

That's a project for the build selection, but outline for it is: get running. This is probably the easiest part. Pull tub, align body, fix lean(bad lean), get rid of coating, trim panels to clean up rust, finish panels out, put my new interco's on, build cage, drive the Schlitz out of it this summer. Install electrical cooling fan.....

It won't ever end. Hope to get together with some of you locals when we have time.

Oh, yeah, my name is russ, and i have an fj addiction. :)

--r

Hello,
Not new to the forums but have tried this intro stuff before I will do my best. My brother and I are in fremont , 68,70,72,76,70,80,78 fj40's ; 86,87 fj62 69 bronco. We are always happy to meet cruiser people

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom