My new 64 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Arrived bright an early. Former owner was going to drive it in the ground and then replace with V8. Well he accomplished one of the two, motor seized, spring over, diamond plate removal found tub has been reworked. It's all there, top and tailgate are nice, dash is uncut.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Still on the fence about which way to go. Vortec or stay Toyota?

I would stay original, the 2F engines are indestructible, however,if you want more power go with a Toyota 2UZFE V8 you will love it.

I can't believe someone would put diamond plate over such good panels...

Nice buy .......:)

I can't believe someone would put diamond plate over such good panels...

Nice buy .......:)

+1
I'd probably have rejected the truck because of the diamond plate assuming that it must be covering rot. Some people put that stuff on for decoration, I guess.

Nice! Especially with the corregated top intact and tailgate. I'd want that metallic blue gone. That color has been wat too popular for way too long and has never looked all that good, IMO, especially on a cruiser.

+1
I'd probably have rejected the truck because of the diamond plate assuming that it must be covering rot. Some people put that stuff on for decoration, I guess.

Nice! Especially with the corregated top intact and tailgate. I'd want that metallic blue gone. That color has been wat too popular for way too long and has never looked all that good, IMO, especially on a cruiser.

Me too- he also cut out rear quarters to add side markers lights and used later model front hood bibs to match the rear. Only missing the left side drop down tailgate latch.

Mike

The hood and aprons looked to be off a later cruiser. Same with the doors. Should have bug catcher vent windows. That is the reasons the doors angle in on the top. Is the hole for the marker light in the back original? Tailgate would not have been used on a hard top model. Doesn't look like a bad cruiser. Not too hard to replace the later parts with newer parts. Front doors with weatherstripping probably the hardest. Knowing just what you have might help make your decision on power plant. The seserial number for the engine should be on the VIN plate on the firewall. If it is and the engine inside matches you would want to rebuild that engine to do a original restore. Since my FJ45 had a 2F I'm going to worry about being original and using later LC power train.

Side marker holes are not original crudely cut in , it does have the bug catcher doors, kicking myself for selling replacement weather-stripping. Looks like someone re skinned rear tub, some funky diamond plate fabed in over the wheel wells. Motor is original, later four speed cut through the floor, it was on a ranch transfer case was always engaged, he would crawl under to engage it.

Probably should look at the pictures on something other then my phone. It does look like it has holes in the hood for windshield washer nozzles. Probably just has later pads. That latch on the tailgate is not stock. Tailgate a style very much like the barn doors as far back as 58 on the FJ25.

Thanks Mark, I'll give you a shout, I need a couple axles, like you did for my 45. Interested?

Thanks Mark, I'll give you a shout, I need a couple axles, like you did for my 45. Interested?

Funny you should ask THAT question. I guess it's karma. I'm looking at doing a frame off for a NoHo local, along with a full powertrain refresh for a guy in the OC. I told the OC guy I'd like to start with his axles, as I've got a pair to do for a guy in Del Mar already on deck.

Might as well join the crowd!

Mike

Apparantly the rain took out my telephone sometime after closing last night. PM me a good # and time to call you, and I will call out on my fax line on my next break.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom