My M416 Before and After (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was going to do a build thread on this, but I always get carried away with working on it and forget to take pictures along the way. I bought it with the intention of just a quick cleanup and some quick paint, but I got a little carried away.

Anyways, I recently picked this M416 up cheap. The rear panel was already chopped by the previous owner, but I was going to install a tailgate anyways. I welded in some angle to reinforce the rear corners and made very simple hinge pivots on each side. I made the tailgate with angle, 3/4" steel pipe, and some 16ga sheet. I then blasted everything down to bare metal and epoxy primed everything. The chassis got a coat of semi-gloss epoxy paint, and the tub got Raptor Lined tinted with some leftover grey urethane from painting my seat backs and roll bar on the FJ40. I also replated all the hardware, chains, and parking break linkage in yellow zinc (yeah, I got a little carried away, alright), and installed tie down rings at all four corners.

Also, thanks to local mud members SouthBostonFJ for the good deal on a set of fenders, and Nxtdrnaybr for the good deal on some nice 215/85/16's

Before:

SAM_0412.jpg

SAM_0413.jpg

SAM_0414.jpg

After:
Trailer1.jpg

Trailer2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Trailer5.jpg

Trailer3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find and work on the trailer Splangy. It's gonna be easier for me to just buy parts and bend some sheet metal then find a military trailer around me. Being in BFE blows sometimes.

Hope to start my trailer build in the next few weeks after I get my 60 finished.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom