My FZJ 80 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
To start it off I guess I will list the near term and long term goals of what I want to do.

Near Term:
Go from 285/75's to 315/75's
2.5 Old Man Emu Heavy Lift kit
Herculiner the rocker panels and fenders
Sliders (Budget Style)
Top End Rebuild

Long Term:
Gears (4.88 or 5.29 undecided)
Lockers
Bumpers (Homemade)
Winch

Here is what is happening or has happened. The new tires have arrived and installed, pictures to follow. Lift should be here Friday and I will take detailed pictures during the process. Herculiner is purchased, just waiting for the weather to warm up. Poor Boy sliders are fabbed and tacked together (thanks Tim), need to firm weld and install after the Herculiner. Will replace the valve cover gasket now with the intent to work the entire top end before the Smokey Mountain Trail Ride.

This is what I have for now. If anyone has any suggestions let me know and I will try to show/help out. :flipoff2::cheers:
DSC00451.jpg
DSC00452.jpg
DSC00438.jpg

Last edited:
The build should start next weekend. I have to put up a new swing set for my girls birthday (priorities). So i hope to kick it off with pictures and details.

The lift

Well I was able to achieve some things over the Easter weekend.I did install the 2.5 OME and it did make a big difference to me. What I was not able to do because my "freinds"decided to go to a stip club in Indiana was pull my axles and put some paint on them.While I do not blame them for what they did, I'm still pissed because I could have done a lot more with them here. It turned out OK and I promise to have better pictures when I do the casters, which should be this weekend. Here is a few pictures.:cheers:
DSC00501.jpg

I will say that the stabilizer takes a litlle extra effort. The studs that come with the kit are a little larger then the stock holes on the steering, so I did need to drill them out for clearence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom