My FJ60 Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad to hear that everything is ok,i think we all have made some sort of stupid mistakes in our past.keep us posted on your adventures.

I don't feel stupid anymore...

Same place, same mud hole, same weekend, local guy with a lot more wheeling experience than me... :)

lagoluchetti.jpg

Last edited:
This is the only thing I have to say about the IM suspension: I LOVE IT!

Glad you like it Tac,i'm using a similar set up.Are you using the new version of the ARB bumper?:D

For tire plugs and plug tools, check out safetyseal.com

I have one in each vehicle. I wind up using it mostly for other people, but what the hey. Sweet rig. I used to wheel near Cabo Rojo in '76.

TacDoc, very clean 60 and super nice build; I love the color scheme.

I assume you painted the brake drums with a 'high-heat' type paint? Do you remember the brand of paint, and have you seen any issues with the painted surfaces?

Also, what type/brand of brackets are you using to secure your Hi-Lift to the ARB?

Thanks for sharing.

PS, I am a fan of Cool Whip as well:)

What did you use to cut the abs?

Posting a bump in the hopes this thread continues to grow... Can't tell you how many ideas I've pulled from this build thread; I'm adding a cargo tie-down system in the back and am going to attempt a 1/8" ABS rear panel swap in the process. I'm sure it won't look quite as nice as Doc's..

Just found this thread. I've never seen a 60 in such pristine shape. Inside and out this thing looks like it was vacuum packed away in a time capsule. Where'd you find it? Amazing build.

Bumping an old thread because the truck is mine now! TacDoc sold it to me a couple weeks ago after not using it much over the last few years.

I'm coming from a 100 series that I mildly built for camping/exploring. I sold it after getting an offer that was too good to pass up. I immediately regretted it. Found a 200 that was a great deal but it's just too nice. It mainly sees Costco duty. Hopefully between this 60 and the 200 I'll be able to stop scouring classifieds for land cruisers...

Even with all he did to the truck, he never did get the AC sorted. That was a must for us. (i'd like to blame the Mrs and 3 small kids, but I love me some conditioned air) I'll be picking it up from the shop this week and going camping with my son first thing. Can't wait to explore PR for a couple days before taking it home to Vieques.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom