My dumbass story. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Might just be an '84 thing as well. My '84 GMC and the '84 yota both caught fire in my yard with the yota being the only survivor.

I have a long list of dumb s*** moves that I generally do not want to even think about but just last week I parked my pick'm up truck half way through an overhead door at the shop, put it in park while it was still running or at least what I thought was park.... happen to be reverse. If you have ever owned an old Ford truck, you know how sloppy the shifter gets (yea right). I already had my door open and hopping out before it started rolling backwards. By the time I got my foot back on the brake my driver door was introduced to the buildings door opening. The door was past 90 degrees to the body.....its not designed for that.
Few others, condensed:
Backed my old school bus into the the 14 ft barn door opening that was only about 10 ft open at the time. The barn door lost that battle.
Back the family suv into the the garge forgetting the glass portion of hatch was open.....sounded like a glass explosion. Suv lost that battle.
Actually have a good one from just yesterday but the wounds are too fresh right now.

Tom sounds like you should stay as far away from garage doors as you can.

So I'm changing the oil in my new (to me) Tundra the other day & notice the water pump is weeping & I can't have that so I changed it. 3rd to the last step is putting the fan & shroud back on at the same time cause it has to be that way. The entire job is pretty fxxxin difficult on its own, trust me. So anyway I'm almost done with this 6 hour undertaking & I drop the fan into the radiator. Don't realize I gashed the radiator open till I see $24.00 a gallon Toyota Long Life Coolant running out onto my garage floor as I fill the thing at the end of the job.
Good news is radiator is ONLY $320.00 & I got one the next day.
I love wrenching!!!!! I keep telling myself that.
Dumbass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom