My dumbass story. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so no one will dispute that I can be a huge dumbass.

I'm gonna share this story. How many of you have a dumbass story as well?

Got my new winch installed & went out on my property to winch my rig up a hill & properly tension wrap the cable.
Found the appropriate place to do it with enough flat area at the top to park the truck & un-hook.
I get it up there & all is dandy. I chock the wheel (I have no e-brake, but this is not a TLCA event) I get it un-hooked & straighten out the cable, re-wrap a bit of it so it looks pretty, & start to put away my tree saver & D rings. I'm standing beside the passenger side of the 4runner putting things in my bag when it starts rolling backward.
The hill is pretty steep & over 50' long.
A 4runner can pick up what seems like a lot of speed in that distance.
The sound it makes when it hits the tree at the bottom of the hill is very loud.
The front end comes up pretty high when the back end stops suddenly like that.
The damage to the bumper & corner is pretty gnarly.
Laughed it off & wheeled for the next 2 hours.

Dumbass.

OK, I'll play.

About two years ago I was working on the 40 in the garage, changing plugs, rotor and cap I belive.

Get it all done and decide to start it up and see how it runs now, hit the key and starts right up. Only problem is I forgot that it starts in gear. Truck jumps forward about 3 feet, winch control box lines up perfectly with the work bench in the front of my garage. Truck sits there chuging and chirping the rear swampers for what seems like 30-40 seconds before I can get to the key to shut it off.

So now the south west corner of my garage is about 5-6 inches deeper than the south east corner, and the two black marks are still visable on the concrete floor. I marked it up as a great cardio work out, pulse was still racing for quite awhile afterwards.

Ok Ill play.

This one time I started my fj45 in drive and slammed it into the back wall of the garage.

This one time I slammed my fj45 into a hoist leg and dropped a durango onto it.

This one time I broke coming off the trailer.

This one time I lost a drive shaft between camp and the park entrance.

This one time I lowered my t100 onto a 39.5 swamper and caved in the bed.

This one time I cut a corner too close with my 5th wheel and bent the s*** out of a bunch of stuff.

This one time I didn't secure the ball on my bumper trailer and I sodomized my new tundra.

This one time I backed uphill to my 5th wheel and fxxxed up the bed on my new tundra.

I must be the dumbest mother fxxxer!

Ok Ill play.

This one time I started my fj45 in drive and slammed it into the back wall of the garage.

This one time I slammed my fj45 into a hoist leg and dropped a durango onto it.

This one time I broke coming off the trailer.

This one time I lost a drive shaft between camp and the park entrance.

This one time I lowered my t100 onto a 39.5 swamper and caved in the bed.

This one time I cut a corner too close with my 5th wheel and bent the s*** out of a bunch of stuff.

This one time I didn't secure the ball on my bumper trailer and I sodomized my new tundra.

This one time I backed uphill to my 5th wheel and fxxxed up the bed on my new tundra.

I must be the dumbest mother fxxxer!

I about pissed myself when I read this, picturing all of those happening

x2 on the pissing myself. I am eagerly awaiting the return post that should be coming soon.

X3 on pissing myself!!

I tried bump starting my old yj solo when i was living at my parents house, my starter took a s*** so i was going to drive it to a friends to replace it. I pushed it out of the garage with the door open, i went to jump in to pop it into gear, my foot snagged on the seat rail, the door whacked me in the back and i fell out of the jeep as it rolled down the driveway and across the street, jumped the curb and ended up in the neighbors front yard. I limped my ass across the street and had to push that POS back up the drive and repeat the process. I got it right on the second try. In retrospect i am damn lucky a car wasnt coming by at the time.

I also have a story similar to stroy, only my jeep rolled down hill and rear ended my friends jeep and majorly fxxxed up his tailgate.

Same jeep same friend, my brakes went out on my jeep on main street in attica leaving the badlands, and I proceeded to rear end my buddy while he stopped to turn left into that grocery store.... right in front of a cop. He told us to keep that s*** in the badlands, whatever the hell that means!

Man I rearended that dude alot......

The new mud is showing no new posts to the clubhouse forums so I haven't opened any posts here since the changeover.

I dropped the t-100 off the hoist and fxxxed up the bed. I didn't put it on a 39.5.

Nor did I try to pass someone in the ditch and total my truck - twice.

I got a 3 wheel golf cart stuck in the trail

I got a 3 wheel golf cart stuck in the trail

Hmmm... from what I remember you wheeled the creek in the dark, got stuck, got unstuck, and came back to the fire singing " for I'm a jolly good fellow"

Your memory serves you correctly :D

I'm waiting for people to chime in about things that may (or may not)have happened on (or in) a certain river

This one time at band camp... Oh wait that's a different story.

I was doing some work to a friends race car and had the front end up on stands. When I fired it up through the window opening it took off crushed my stands and ran into the compressor room wall. He forgot to tell me he had a reverse valve body in the trans so what I thought was park wasn't.

During high school we had found a mini bike down by the pond we used to go to. The retractable pull start was broke so we switched it to a rope and notch style where the rope comes off. Found out it was turning the motor the wrong way so we cut another notch in it and boom she fires right up. Took it across the street and jumped off a one foot ledge were the new pull start decided it was hungry for a blue jean and leg sandwich. Had to get cut loose from the mini bike so I'm yelling for help only to see my brother and his friends laughing hysterically. Got to see the piece of muscle that was almost cut off beating with my heart on the way to the hospital.

Last edited:
Your memory serves you correctly :D

I'm waiting for people to chime in about things that may (or may not)have happened on (or in) a certain river
does it involve head trauma?

What happens on/in the river stays on/in the river. Mainly because those who think they remember what happened can't find anyone else that can confirm their story. HYDRAIT!!!!!!

i can still taste cranberry vodka whenever i hear hydrait.

Cranberry vodka??? :princess:

that was what day 6? i was out of booze and todd hooked me up. gotta make do. it did clear up my uti!

I bet when I get home from PYS this year I will be able to recite some new stories in this thread. Remember, I'll be the only sober one there, taking notes!

As I recall it is a bad idea to drive on the innerstate with a leaking Holley carb & headers. 84 Chevy trucks burn fast. It takes a long time for the fire department to get to fires on the innerstate. I did start carrying a fire extinguisher with me in every vehicle every since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom