My daughters fj40...a fathers story (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so the last three weeks have been miserable chasing an overheating issue. Two attempts at a head gasket, numerous false solutions and still no answer to the overheating. I eventually put it up for sale as I just wasn't enjoying the time working on it as I used to. Just one more ride... I started it up and was looking for the ghost overheating problem before the new owner showed up and my 12-year old daughter came out and asked what I was doing. I explained the frustration and my plan. She looked me in the eyes and said " No, Dad you are not selling it!" " you love the Fj, you will fix it, so tell that guy not to come"

I called the buyer and cancelled the deal. Later, I was staring at the motor looking and thinking again what I missed and why it as overheating. She came outside again, I asked her to "give it some gas" trying to see if I could see or hear something at a higher rpm. I looked down and the lower radiator hose was collapsing as she gave it gas. Problem solved, partially clogged radiator ...

Moral of story... make sure you don't make a descsion you'll regret, always listen to your heart and sometimes it takes a friend (daughter) to help solve a problem with a new perspective.

Rat rod Rusty lives on...

Nice story.
I guess we know who will be learning how to drive in your rig now.

So your FJ40 got a new owner after all.

I was ready to sell my daughter's 72 after she stopped showing interest a couple of years ago. I've almost had it running after probably 25 years of sitting. I'm thinking of stealing the F engine from my son's 69 so see if it will do any better for the 72.

I did a complete fj62 vented disc and knuckle swap with a 95(ish) 4runner master and booster. There is lots of rust on the body and frame, but if my now 20 year old daughter wants to stay with it I will.

I liked your father-daughter story. Heartwarming. Sounds like she will grow up to be someone special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom