My dang unit's too friggin' short ... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haters 'gonna Hate! ....and to be honest w/ you, I am one of them...

Wish I could roam the United States like you do but with the Lil' ones is hard!

I keep telling them, " When I grow up, I want to be like Roger....roam the USA with a big rig and a trailer like Roger.:bounce:
:bounce2:

Haven't been roaming much this year, wheeling closer to home. Planning a Moab trip for a couple weeks in October.

Keep those pics coming.

Will do ...

Had yet another great time home. Did some bikin' ...

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

:flamingo:

Nice shots. Where was that?

I hike and bike in Curt Gowdy State Park and drive the dirt roads right next to the state park on Pole Mountain in Medicine Bow National Forest. Both are 'bout half hour west of my lil' rental house in Cheyenne. Try to go ev'ry day I'm home. Makes for good livin' this time of year. Highs in the upper 70's and lows in the lower 50's. Gotta wear a light jacket in the mornin' runnin' the jeeper up there topless. :flipoff2:

That's a really nice place. as of right now July 27 our temperature is 95 Real Feel 101.... it just sucks down here.:crybaby:

Looks like there could be some fish there, too. Based on our last try at fishin', you're sure to catch a stick & loose at least 47 hooks.

I hear the fishin's right good ... but I done gave up on that. Reckon that stick will be the last thang I ever catch. :grinpimp:

(Flashback to '09 from Colorado trip with Josh ...)

20090729_4_BIG CATCH.JPG

Wish I'd hurry up and win the damned lottery so I ain't gotta keep comin' back to work. :meh:

Sure like bein' home ...

This here's a very famous spot that appears in a lot of brochures on Curt Gowdy State Park. Most them pics show some fella on a mountain bike goin' 'neath the round rock that bridges the trail. I finely stumbled across it on one of my hikes. Really cool deal.

1.jpg

This trail is rated 'extreme' I had a hard time even imaginin' ridin' a bike on it as I struggled to even hike parts of it.

Meanwhile ... back in the jeeper for few scenery pics ...

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Finally tired of the engine spewin' oil and water all over the place so put 'er in the shop. Bob at TNT Customs here in Cheyenne dove right in.

B.jpg

And had 'er spread out all over ...

A.jpg

Oil leakin' from the oil pan. And the timing belt cover. And the remote oil filter.

Water been leakin' a long time from the water pump.

But the bottom end looks good as do the cylinder walls.

C.jpg

So he's gonna try to seal 'er all up and check the top end too. Ain't gonna put the York compressor back on. Bull**** design fawks up the routin' of the serpentine belt causin' it to scream like a banshee whore and eat up the belt. Fac'try sway bar is garbage now so it stays on the ground as well. Replaced the broken headlights with some pimpin' LED ones.

Ain't gonna reinstall the winch since it'll have to be replaced in order to work with the new front bumper in the next phase of the build. Same goes for the Hella lights.

Next phase will be first of the year and include new bumpers, rockers, suspension, tires, etc, etc, etc ...

Rig's got some good potential ... just needs a pile of money thrown at 'er. :grinpimp:

One interestin' thang Bob found is that the engine weren't starvin' for oil a'tall ... in fact, sumbitch was swimmin' in oil. That's why she was blowin' it out 'er seams. :bang:

The dipstick, dipstick tube, and oil pan were all dif'rent species and were no way indicative of the right amount of oil for the engine. So Bob done bought all the correct MOPAR Hemi s*** and got 'er right. :clap:

Also installed a shiny new water pump and all the correct pulleys to run a fac'try belt. Engine's all sealed up and should be ready to fire back off in a day or so. :cheers:

Plan on headin' to the mountains as usual my next time home then tossin' 'er right back in the shop. Wanna get the new compressor for the lockers and new winch installed since I'm always by myself in the woods. :meh:

D.jpg

Send me that sub par Warren Wench to hold

Certainly ain't nuthin' sub par about it sir. Just won't fit under the radiator the way the solenoid's mounted so gotta replace it with a dif'rent model to work with the new, high-clearance, TNT Guardian front bumper. You let me hold some money and I'll let you hold the winch. :grinpimp:

Even gotta rope and a Factor 55 fittin' on it. :smokin:

Gonna take the Big Rig out on a campin' trip when I get back home tomorrow so just leavin' the lil' jeeper in the shop. :meh:

Engine's all put together and Bob says purrs like a kitten. No oil and water leaks but lots of exhaust leaks. :(

Time for a whole new exhaust system. Mize well make 'er roar like a lion while we're at it. :grinpimp:

Ain't never seen nuthin' quite like this before ...

E.jpg

And not real sure what the logic was for hangin' an air tank underneath to get bashed up ...

F.jpg

Checked in with Bob at TNT when I was home to look at the lil' jeeper. Sure was nice to see a sparkly, clean engine that don't leak oil and water nowheres. He also had an impressive pile of 3" mandrel-bent, stainless exhasust pipin' and some hi-po cats and a Series 40 Flowmaster. Should have a right-nice rumble to 'er once installed.

Bob was able to trace the stroker engine back to Arrington Performance which is a Hemi speed shop outta Martinsville, VA. Them folks were astounded to hear that the rig had the lil' exhaust system and said it was seriously robbin' me of horsepower. They also suspect the computer tunin' is fawked. They claim the new exhaust and some new tunes will make 'er run nicely. :grinpimp:

Hopefully durin' this hitch at work she'll get the new exhaust and the new front bumper and winch. :cool:

Meanwhile ... had me my own pile of boxes waitin' at the shop. Set of pimpin' half doors I got a great deal on. These are REALLY hard to come by since most of the JK's are bein' sold with full doors. This set is in pristine condition and the color's even close enuf that they won't look too silly 'till I paint the whole rig. :clap:

I ordered a new set of fac'try mirrors for 'em last night and they should be at the house when I get there.

Half doors.jpg

New front bumper actu'ly cuts more than 5" off the frame and tucks the new winch up under the radiator. Makes for a right-nice approach angle. :clap:

A_Guardian front bumper.jpg

B_Guardian front bumper.jpg

Some major 3" stainless sexiness goin' on now so the ol' stroker hemi can exhale ...

Keepin' it high and tight brother ... high and tight.

Ain't gonna see this kinda stuff down at your local Midas. :grinpimp:

B_exhaust.jpg

C_exhaust.jpg

D_exhaust.jpg

E_exhaust.jpg

G_exhaust.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom