my blower only works on high (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ya, mines high maintenance too, any solutions?

best fix. new blower. used blower. are part available. could mice have eaten something I have a mice problem cant figure out how they are getting in. ??? thanks again.

Definitely sounds like the blower motor resistor

Resistor OR blower switch.

The blower resistor is the one behind the glove compartment. The white porcelain with black plastic. Correct? Two screws holding it in place IIRC. It's been a couple of years since I replaced mine.

I followed this thread. Located and replaced my resistor. Still have only Hi and Med Hi. No Med Lo or Lo. Can't be sure I have Med hi. Only slight difference when I push the button. All temps work. But the fan blowing constantly is getting old.

I followed this thread. Located and replaced my resistor. Still have only Hi and Med Hi. No Med Lo or Lo. Can't be sure I have Med hi. Only slight difference when I push the button. All temps work. But the fan blowing constantly is getting old.

What is the next step in the factory service manual?

It seems that the FSM doesn't have this specific symptom listed (at least the LX one), but the closest I would say is 'No Blower Operation' suspect areas are as follows...

HTR Fuse
Heater Main Relay
Blower Motor
Blower Resistor
Blower Speed Control Switch
Wire Harness

Ruling out the obvious ones because it actually works, I would say the next thing to look at is the Blower Speed Control Switch. So you'll basically want to remove the HVAC control panel, and then get a test light and a battery and run through the blower speed switch checks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom