My '93 v6 has me stumped. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have '88 and '93 Toyota extra cab pick ups. Both are 3.0 liter V6. I have 407,000 miles on my '88 and it still runs strong. I use it everyday. My '93 has 248,000 and stalled on me coming home the other day. now I can't get it started. I have spark all the way to the plugs. I have fuel getting to the cylinders. It turns over just fine but it will not fire up. I've checked all the plugs. I replaced the cap and rotor. Battery is good. Anyone have an idea of what I should check or what might be the problem?

You might want to post this in the correct section. "90 series" is a type of Land Cruiser, not the year range. You want the "95 and older Truck" section.

Any codes in the ECU?

When was the last time the timing belt was changed?

Check compression, spray a little starting fluid in there to make sure fuel delivery is not the problem.

I had a similar problem ! My 95 V6 3VZ engine blew up last month. I couldn't find a good used engine anywhere so I had to buy a rebuilt engine.

Sorry to hear that, I come across them here in CA central valley about once every week or two when I'm looking for other engines.

First thing I thought of was timing belt. Does it turn over real easy? Like cranking faster than the '88 does?

I was thinking that. That is why I figure a compression test will find the problem if it's a belt. Or just pull the cover back and make sure it spins while cranking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom