Builds GXOG: My 2003 GX470 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The rear links provided a surprising improvement was my comment. Quality upgrades will in most cases ;)

I think it got the 2.0...but I might have gotten the 2.5 I am still on the road :)

Of igor 2.0 I did it for interim and will go longer now. I didn't really see me getting the rest so fast and I had blown my old shocks

The rear 2.5" diameter icon shocks are really expensive compared to the 2.0". I think they only offer them with external reservoirs.

Last edited:
I got 2.0 long travels

Back. Front is non resi long travel coil over...

How were you able to decrease your CV angle? I dont remember seeing a diff drop.

I don't know. They just work?

Edited first post with more mods completed. Thing drives like a dream!!

Hey Dan - what did you end up getting your caster set to, to fit the 34's?

I believe I got 3.1 degrees, which is less than stock, but good for 3" of lift (you lose it as you lift). I plan on getting a bit more once I get the cam tabs put in as I can perhaps tweak.

Thanks. I'm trying to make some room for 34's, but even after pounding the pinch seam flat, and pounding in the frame that sits on the body mount, my 285/70's are still within a 1/2 inch of rubbing - so it would definitely rub a bit with 285/75's. My wheels have a 4" backspace, so they put me a bit closer to the wheel well. Hoping I can push out the caster a bit - but I'm already at 3.x.

34x10.50s are actually less likely to rub than 285/75s because they are narrower.

34x10.50s are actually less likely to rub than 285/75s because they are narrower.

Definitely an option. I need as much chassis height as I can get. I drag the belly over just about every drainage hump at Uwharrie now :/. The gas tank hangs so dang low on the GX.

I was seriously considering a rear mounted aux tank as a primary tank.

This is a 31 gallon aussie prado tank.

tlcp120ax-500x500.jpg

Time to upgrade!! TC lowers, upgraded cam tabs for the alignment, and metaltech spindle gussets going in next week!

13174111_10153674633313123_3181267200775474067_n.jpg

It's in the shop! Next post will be after (and I hope a few in process) :)

Very nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom