My 1st 200 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Teaser shots of what's in the works:
IMG_4652_zpslrj3yiam.jpg

IMG_4653_zpspotc27ff.jpg

More to follow...

Teaser shots of what's in the works:
IMG_4652_zpslrj3yiam.jpg

IMG_4653_zpspotc27ff.jpg

More to follow...

Long travel? Is axle position moved forward to clear larger tire from rubbing body mount?

Long travel? Is axle position moved forward to clear larger tire from rubbing body mount?

Not going to be LT but I am told there will be a increase in travel. No change in axle position.

Not going to be LT but I am told there will be a increase in travel. No change in axle position.
Interesting, wonder how it will be different than the Total Chaos lower arms. Not sure how they will yield more travel other than positioning the lower coil over mount differently, because the limiting factor on my BP-51s is the BP-51s.

Can't wait to see

If you could get the BP51's with longer shafts, could you get more travel?
Yea, but the inner CV angle is getting real sharp. And with a longer extension length you will have a longer compression length, so you would sacrifice uptravel. That's good for rock crawling, but bad for moderate speed overland stuff.

That's why I'm interested in how those are going to be designed, there are some pretty talented people out there that come up with some great products. Guess we'll see.

These are being designed and built for speed in the sand and dirt as well as overlanding.
Cool, do they have a price out yet? With the total chaos being $2700, maybe these will be obtainable, as long as they use a good bearing. Cool find, I'll be paying attention to this one.

No price yet. And I have no idea what the ballpark will be. The bearings and all associated hardware as well as the actual LCA will be top notch. I doubt they do anything half ass.

Seems like a lot of work, when you can just use the Tundra arms and gain 3 to 4" of travel depending on shocks you choose. Using Tundra components, the rest of the system can be kept factory (axles/steering components/geometry).
And there are many aftermarket upper control arms and shock combinations already proven to work.
If you are concerned about the durability of the stock components, ask cruiser outfitters if they ever replaced a lower control arm, same with the factory Toyota guys.

Seems like a lot of work
No work on my end.

you can just use the Tundra arms
Not everyone can just go get Tundra arms.

If you are concerned about the durability of the stock components
I'm not concerned. I've beaten the hell out of all my Toyota's, as well as quite a few that weren't mine, and never had an issue.

Here is some info from the manufacture, Baja Kits, aka Brenthel Industries.

I haven't gathered official specs yet but will shoot them over when I do. Here are some quick details:

-The main concept with these is strength and durability to handle the extreme abuse LC owners overseas are putting them thru.
- The uniballs allow for more articulation and can handle the offroad forces much better and longer than balljoints
- Increased wheel travel #tbd
- 2 stage durable powdercoat with badge color option
- Zero fittings on bushing for easy maintenance
- All misaligns and adapters are stainless steel
- The lower arm inner pivots are 4130 steel with delrin bushings for zero deflection, this is literally the same design as our parent companies trophy truck bushing setup
-This system adds caster to increase on and offroad handling which is normally compromised when raising the height of your truck.
- We are in the works with uniball winter protection kit for extra protection in harsh environments.

The arms sound like amazing equipment. Just overkill for the less than trophy truck driver. at 2700$, that money could be better spent on other mods. If you have the money and the desire, Rock on. I'm looking forward to seeing the build, should be amazing.

sourcing stock tundra parts should be fairly simple. There are several shops in socal that install long travel kits and discard the stock equipment. And there's always ebay :
2014 TOYOTA TUNDRA DRIVER FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARM

Always more than one way to skin a cat. looking forward to how yours turn out.

I'm definitely no trophy truck driver. These will not cost $2700. There's definitely a market for them or Brenthel would not be making them. That market is likely mostly overseas where they run their LC pretty hard and have the $$$ to mod, break, mod, break, etc. This is why they are being made and why the Tundra arms are not readily available as that is a North American based truck.

I'm definitely no trophy truck driver. These will not cost $2700. There's definitely a market for them or Brenthel would not be making them. That market is likely mostly overseas where they run their LC pretty hard and have the $$$ to mod, break, mod, break, etc. This is why they are being made and why the Tundra arms are not readily available as that is a North American based truck.

Sounds like they are headed for Dubai and the CRAZY dune jumping' Cruiser crowd... :)

beautiful Rig !
can you share the amazon link for the front grille order !

Wish it could come with the camera holder. I suck with a dremel.

Wish it could come with the camera holder. I suck with a dremel.

It was pretty damn easy. I found the center of the grill then, after disconnecting the camera, used the camera body to trace an outline on the inside of the plastic grill with a silver sharpie. I then used one of these cut off wheels Dremel Wheel, Cut Off, Pk5 426 | Zoro.com cutting on the inside edge of my sharpie line. I then used a drum sander Dremel Drum Sander, 1/2 In 407 | Zoro.com
and test fitted continuously until it was secure. The head of the camera body (that I traced) is smaller then the actual body about 1/2 inch up so it's pretty damn hard to make it to big. It's been in there for a few months now and hasn't moved. I was going to fab a more permanent bracket but am now reconsidering as I don't think it would be necessary. I also looked into some black epoxy I could use to adhere it to the grill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom