My 1975 FJ40 to be expedition rig, lots of potential (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

could be an epic journey - good luck :steer:

could be an epic journey - good luck :steer:

Should be fun, at the airport now waiting.

The other night I removed one of my fender flares and found my rears have been cut about as much as they can be, now should I replace them or just go for some 35s?

I don't know why, but I have the feeling bigger tires may be in your future :D

a new set of fender flares would be cheaper, though :doh:

I have a feeling my budget for the landcruisers is going to get even smaller now, I started flight lessons and am hoping to have my private pilots license by fall.
10856_10151474067774721_1794332031_n.jpg

562966_10151474067629721_130273719_n.jpg

65540_10151474067399721_2071735822_n.jpg

16304_10151474067394721_1674523064_n.jpg

Got some 35x12.5 pro comp mud terrain tires.
IMG_20130319_165901_zpsd6539ada.jpg

I think they look alright for no lift.

Well it has been awhile since I have made any updates, I redesigned my rear bumper and started making a few for people.
I had a canada trip planned in june so I got a little ambitious and did the spring flip to stretch the wheel base out and lengthened the driveshaft and put in a new brake line, only to find out I had a slipping clutch and ended up leaving the cruiser in two harbors mn and rode with a buddy in his range rover classic, overall a very fun trip.
So now I still have to replace my clutch, and I am planning a custom cage build for next week, also I am getting a hardtop on sunday, so I will be installing that and possibly doing something again with the sleep platform idea.
Here are some pics.
DSC05212_zpsc1862c45.jpg

no trip is complete without the need for some bush wacking.

River crossing.

Now for some of my FJ40 happenings lol

I will take some pictures of the clutch replacement and roll cage fabrication.
-Sean

Well i didn't take any pics yet, hut i got singe tubing bent up and notched to add to my cage i used 2 inch chrome moly will be tig welding it in soon. Then it will be on to building a roof rack.
Sean

Updates, I am in the middle of replacing my clutch (finally), I also did a shackle reversal, and have decided to go spring over. I also sourced a hardtop and ambulance doors, which should make driving it in the cold weather worlds better than it was.
Here are some poor cell pics, will take some better pics tomorrow with my better camera.

Also been kicking around the idea of reproducing a bunch of hi-lift jack mounts like I have for sale if there is any interest, let me know in here if anyone thinks there might be a demand.

-Sean

Current state of the cruiser, I picked up a redline weber carb to factory air cleaner adapter, found the carb to be an inch shy of reaching the air cleaner, cut a piece of aluminum to make up the difference and now I have a factory air cleaner on a weber carb, way better then the junk filter they come with.
Also took some pics with my camera.

-Sean

So this last weekend I got her out on the trail for the first time this year, I managed to find out exactly why making the front drive shaft longer is a good idea lol, I also fried my starter and winch post, and rattled off a pin on the throttle linkage. So shafts are off being rebuilt as well as.winch and starter. I will try to post some pics later.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom