1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MUD SEC football clan thread

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by whodat, Jun 27, 2007.

?

Which mud SEC clan guy is the gayest?

1. Rookie2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. wob

17.0%
  3. Atticus

27.7%
  4. gmarshall

2.1%
  5. Nater

6.4%
  6. 74'UA

14.9%
  7. jjbodean

4.3%
  8. ATLcrusher

17.0%
  9. rgsiii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 4wdbetterthan2feet

10.6%
  1. whodat

whodat

2. wob

wob

Free Shoes University gets him. Don't mean squat until signing day, though. What is that, 8 months away? These early commitments mean nothing.

3. '74 UA FJ

'74 UA FJ

You rivals guys make me laugh.

4. wob

wob

I had never heard of him. I have a buddy who has a sub to Rivals, and he gave me the password. I promise you I wouldn't pay 10 bucks a month for the "scoop."

5. cajun65

cajun65

What the hell are they committing so early for?

Anyway, it doesn't mean much until they hit the field for real.

6. '74 UA FJ

'74 UA FJ

The big bucks.

Whodat, who's your team?

7. '74 UA FJ

'74 UA FJ

ttt

8. whodat

whodat

FSU.

I used SEC in the title because I noticed there are some SEC schools on his list. I hope WOB is right though...we need a QB.

9. cajun65

cajun65

You probably also knew that we would kill some thread pretty soon with SEC football talk since it's been about a week or so since we killed the last one...global warming I think it was.........

I'm glad you brought football back up b/c I was ready to start something similar. Football season is right around the corner!

10. wob

wob

...and the fact that no one cares about ACC football. (which is an oxymoron, come to think of it)

:flipoff2:

11. semlin

semlin rocker

have you guys seen this article? It seems Gore knew about the scientific consensus on global warming before it emerged. Also, apparently that consensus is now deafening. Do you think it is louder than fans at an alabama game (during the first five minutes in the first game of the season when it will be loudest)?

http://environment.independent.co.uk/climate_change/article2701314.ece

Too little, too late: Gore blames scientists for climate crisis
    US could have acted sooner if experts had reached consensus
    By Jonathan Owen
    Published: 24 June 2007
    In an extraordinary outburst aimed at America's failure to tackle global warming, Al Gore says that if scientific agreement on the climate crisis had been reached sooner it would have been easier to "galvanise the public and persuade Congress to act".

The failed presidential candidate claims that the stronger scientific consensus he knew was about to emerge meant "we in the US were about to shift into high gear in addressing the climate crisis". Mr Gore argues that if he had made it to the White House, he would have been able to use the office as a "bully pulpit" to achieve change.

"The nature and severity of the climate crisis had seemed painfully obvious to me for quite a long time," claims Mr Gore, writing in a new foreword to a revised edition of his book, Earth in the Balance, being published this week.

In a swipe at the scientific community, he says: "I wish that we could have had in the 1990s the deafening scientific consensus that has emerged in more recent years."

Mr Gore accuses his nemesis, President George Bush, of having taken "virtually no steps to address the problem. Worse, he and Vice President Cheney have led the nation in precisely the wrong direction."

He goes on to detail how the Bush administration reversed a pledge to regulate carbon dioxide as a pollutant, pulled out of negotiations on the Kyoto treaty and replaced key scientific advisers with ones suggested by oil giant ExxonMobil.

The point of no return will be reached within 10 years, the former vice president says, and we cannot wait any longer to solve the crisis. He blames a focus on instant gratification for the "exclusion of long-term consequences in our decisions and policies" and writes about his "mission of solving the climate crisis". His Oscar-winning documentary on climate change, An Inconvenient Truth, became the surprise box-office hit of 2006.

Mr Gore claims that concerns over the environment formed his "principal agenda for eight years in the White House". But he is light on details of what he did while in office, beyond a brief mention of his work with the Kyoto treaty (which was never ratified by Congress).

During his tenure as vice president, America's carbon dioxide emissions shot up far faster than at any time in modern history - by 15 per cent, compared to just 1.65 per cent during President Bush's first term.

Although Mr Gore is currently promoting the Live Earth concerts that will take place next month, speculation is increasing that he may exploit the surge in his popularity and run for president in 2008 - 20 years after first standing for the office.

He is one of a growing number of political figures who have embraced the green cause.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, the Hollywood star turned "green Governor" of California, will be in Europe this week for meetings with Tony Blair and the French President, Nicolas Sarkozy, to find ways of reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

12. whodat

whodat

Nice Semlin, What's good for the goose....

13. '74 UA FJ

'74 UA FJ

This statement is untrue.

14. wob

wob

Nice

:D

15. cajun65

cajun65

Not near as loud as when Bama visits LSU this fall.

16. wob

wob

We are playing down there year, too. If I can convince my wife not to go, I might make it down there again.

17. cajun65

cajun65

And I think my Ragin Cajuns play at SC in the first game. Road trip!

18. wob

wob

Bring some crawfish and boudin when you come.

19. cajun65

cajun65

Crawfish will be out of season, but I'll be catching a lot of shrimp by then and can boil them up at the tailgate. No problem on the boudin though! Maybe I'll throw in some Abita beer as well.

20. '74 UA FJ

'74 UA FJ

Aww. Do your wives know about this?