Monstaliner Bedliner (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone have long-term results for this product? I'm planning to paint mine this summer, but I wonder if after 2+ years if it will begin to chalk or fade?
From the OP, after three years...

Mines still rockin, Black has not faded a bit in the Desert sun (garages are for tools).

Sorry you are having trouble with the spray!!!

Does anyone have long-term results for this product? I'm planning to paint mine this summer, but I wonder if after 2+ years if it will begin to chalk or fade?
@Mace is going to be the one with the longest result I think.

As for the questions about using it over another product, best bet is to call Monstaliner. I know that MM is not on here very much so posting questions here will not really get you an "official" answer from him.

I'll get a new pic. Just remember the 60 hasn't been washed in a very long time. ;)

@Mace is going to be the one with the longest result I think.

As for the questions about using it over another product, best bet is to call Monstaliner. I know that MM is not on here very much so posting questions here will not really get you an "official" answer from him.
Awesome looking product! Would I be able to coat over Durabak with this? I'm not fond the Durabak I used in my Aqualu tub. It's on a solid substrate I just want to sand & overcoat for a more smooth durable finish.

I have the same question, but with Gator Guard.

From some searching and their own FAQ, they say that as long as everything is properly prepped, meaning really clean, it should be fine.

That was Durabak, Herculiner, Line-X, whatever.

I'll get a new pic. Just remember the 60 hasn't been washed in a very long time. ;)
You need to go get it detailed first then.

:lol:

I think the dirt is the only thing holding it together lol

1457112445320.jpg

This what, 5 years in the desert Sun? And I didn't get to wash it yet.

Last edited:
Anyone else having problems with cracking? I got a few dents in my door and fender and when I pushed them out the monstaliner cracked...and it's stripping off of my bed like no other...my bed was undercoated for a few mk the before the monstaliner was put on but I expected it to bond. I emailed them about it and got no response :meh:

Mine cracked after impact with trees and rocks, but I still had to peal the paint off when I went to do touchup.

I agree, prep was likely suspect.

I took the bed issue as my responsibility with prep issues. I love Monstaliner and would do it again without thinking.

I am going to do a complete line on on my 66 but I keep going back and forth on color. I am planning on doing the tub black but for the exterior I can't decide between Pyroclastic and Zombie Sunset. Also has anyone had any experience with Monstaliner on aluminum? I have some corner guards and wanted to coat them the same color as the tub but was not sure about adhesion. Any suggestion on either?

I am going to do a complete line on on my 66 but I keep going back and forth on color. I am planning on doing the tub black but for the exterior I can't decide between Pyroclastic and Zombie Sunset. Also has anyone had any experience with Monstaliner on aluminum? I have some corner guards and wanted to coat them the same color as the tub but was not sure about adhesion. Any suggestion on either?

A black interior in the Houston summer heat sounds hot. I'm in New Orleans and thought the basic black would trap too much heat so I went with medium quartz gray and I love it. Just something to consider.

IMG_20150221_165121.jpg

While the prep was a huge pain in the ass, I'm definitely happy with it.

The aluminum tape to cover the holes worked pretty well but not great. You can definitely see the outline for some of the holes, but most people won't notice.

1 gallon was exactly the amount I needed for the sides and rear plus some patch spots where the roof rack was. It was not enough to do the roof or front bumper as I had originally planned.

I decided to have the front bumper sprayed by a pro, there's no way I could get a consistent finish with full coverage via roller.

IMAG0889.jpg

IMAG0888.jpg

IMAG0886.jpg

IMG_20160618_184604.jpg

Once again Monstaliner has proven itself to me. Can't say enough about this product. I've used this 5 times now and will keep on pushing this product for @magnetman

Thanks E,

Jason

Toyota 4V6 Tint-- perfect match and mix up following the sample technique and tinting direction.

SAM_1969.JPG

SAM_1982.JPG

View attachment 1285550

SAM_1974.JPG

SAM_2001.JPG

SAM_1978.JPG

Hey Gents- I like to roll on the Monstaliner for the floor & bed of my BJ42 and what's the best way to cover up the bolt holes, so the thread stays clean and unclogged? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey Gents- I like to roll on the Monstaliner for the floor & bed of my BJ42 and what's the best way to cover up the threaded holes, so the thread stays clean? Thanks!

Screw a bolt into them, rubber plugs from the LHS, roll masking tape up the proper size and stuff in hole..

Many ways to do it.

J

I'll try/ test out all of the techniques and find out what works best. Thank you!
Screw a bolt into them, rubber plugs from the LHS, roll masking tape up the proper size and stuff in hole..

Many ways to do it.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom