MOBY DICK gets a turn ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same motor as in my SC430, I think same front and rear suspension too. I have done several mods to braking and suspension. Rear tires can wear on the inside really bad, so watch that. We can discuss tricks. Club Lexus -- PPP (the pink panty place) is the best forum I have found.

Definitely interested to hear what you've done with your brakes and suspension. I was really excited about getting something I can "just drive" but now I realize its just going to be another diversion for my hard earned $$$$ I ordered all the parts for a timing belt job since it appears its never been done. Going to check out the suspension next week as it feels like the shocks are getting pretty tired.

Yea, timing belt was pretty easy, I did mine soon after purchasing too.

I will see if I can find the thread on doing the job and shoot you an email.

Oh, and you will likely not be happy with the MPG if you are coming from a 30mpg car.

Oh, and you will likely not be happy with the MPG if you are coming from a 30mpg car.

I'm looking at it as coming from an 11 mpg 80 series :bounce:

Edit: and yes, I would love to have the link to how you did yours. Looked for an FSM last night and there about $120

Nice find! I love those gs300's...been thinking about that for my DD too.

Time to get back in gear with this project. I've really been dragging my feet lately as its been difficult to get interested in Moby when I've been enjoying the GS400 so much. Well the GS is having some suspension issues so now I'm motivated again. Decided to start with some easy and much needed wire management. After the dual battery install it was looking like a rat lived under there with all the extra wires and harnesses ......
IMG_0883.JPG
Amazing what some cable ties and shield will do.......
IMG_0888.JPG
I also finally got the winch hooked back up. Playing with the 1/0 cables can get very interesting. To be real honest you could get away with #2awg for this application, and #4 if you weren't planning to self jump or double battery winch.....
IMG_0887.JPG

Last edited:
Break:30
IMG_0913.JPG
Back to business, 150lb gas struts are in, stops are set flush, everything burned in except the end caps.....
IMG_0920.JPG
Love it when a plan comes together.......
IMG_0914.JPG
Well that capped off day two of the swing out build. Progress was delayed due to lower ball joint replacement on the GS400. Day 3 turned out to be a complete bust due to the rain. The plan now is to build the tire carrier and hi-lift mount for the long arm ( pretty straight forward). Then with tubing or pipe build the can carrier for the T-Rex arm. This may be more difficult as I am working within time constraints and don't have a proper bender. Stay tuned !

I really like the drop mount I made on my rear tire. I will go take a picture later, but it moves it down quite a bit, and when I wheel, it is a 5 minute job to flip it over and it rides nice and high.

Pics
image.jpeg

I had to do a zoom in on your hoist, thought toe post was a chair mounted to the end for sitting above the engine bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom