1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobil Super v Mobil 1

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Yukon LX, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Yukon LX

Yukon LX

anyone have experience with both. I have used mobil 1 for forever. Does the super really treat the high mileage engine better. Mod if this needs to be somewhere else, move, i am curious pertaining o the 100 series Toyota land cruiser, or any other ride for that matter.

2. jasonbraswell

jasonbraswell

Mobil super is dino regular oil.
    Mobil 1 and the mobil 1 high mileage are syn oils. Higher quality with higher prices

I use the 5w-30 mobil 1 high mileage oil and it might be the best oil on the market for our rigs. Cleans, protects and holds up very well for high temps and off road travels. Just can't see a better oil on the market. IMHO

Sent from my droid

3. T-bones 60

T-bones 60

Cant speak for the "high milage" Mobil 1. But I have been using regular Mobil 1 for 25 years and swear by it. I just had the valves adjusted on my 84' FJ60 with 252K mi. The tech was impressed with the "new" look of my valve train. He said this is proof of using good synth oil. There is not not a speck of build up anywhere in my valve train and 5 out of 6 cyl have above factory compression numbers. Engine and valves are all original.