Missing sensor from "new" engine what is it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes I have searched and found conflicting information.

I have a 72k engine that I am installing in my 292K fzj-80 body. It is missing the pictured sensor and I can not for the life of me figure out what it is. Some say knock sensor others say temp sender. I have an unused single wire plug that looks like it should go to the missing sensor if that helps. Here is the picture I hope it helps identify what the missing sensor is.

xccGbqm.jpg

Another question would be are these sensors installed in the correct spots? I have been searching for a understandable diagram or what sensor goes where but have not found one. I know I should have taken pictures but I forgot.

Hope this helps. You can see the broken sensor just above my knock sensor, both to the upper right of the fuel filter. The loose green plug in front of the fuel filter goes to the broken sensor. I think my broken sensor is E3-engine coolant temp sensor (page 22). The one you're missing is to the upper left of the oil filter. Ill keep looking for better pics. On page 23 of the wiring diagram, your looks like W3-water temp sender. Im not sure the difference between water temp and coolant temp sensors/senders. That single wire should be green.
IMG_0456.jpg

If your connector is single wire its probably a temp sender. Most knock sensors I've ran into are 2 or more wires.

Hope this helps. You can see the broken sensor just above my knock sensor, both to the upper right of the fuel filter. The loose green plug in front of the fuel filter goes to the broken sensor. I think my broken sensor is E3-engine coolant temp sensor (page 22). The one you're missing is to the upper left of the oil filter. Ill keep looking for better pics. On page 23 of the wiring diagram, your looks like W3-water temp sender. Im not sure the difference between water temp and coolant temp sensors/senders. That single wire should be green.
View attachment 1328457
The manual shows W3 as a single wire Gray circular connection with a push tab on one flat side.
IMG_0825.JPG

here
-1.jpg

@2fpower is on point.

And just to correct something else in this thread, 1FZ knock sensors are single wire sensors, though an additional wire is located on the ECU end to ground for the shielding for each. There are two sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom