For Sale Mint 1997 forsale on Miami Craiglist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Edit: i8hmud user cclemow saw it in person and it wasn't as advertised (see below). Buyer beware!

Original post:
Not mine, but this might be the cleanest stock FJ80 I've ever seen forsale. Wish I was still in the market:

TOYOYA LAND CRUISER

Last edited:
Thats not so clean.. please... I see corrosion in lots of places... usually because its been near an ocean

Flew down there to buy it. Piece of junk! Rusted badly underneath. Rear ended. You'd be shocked. Worth maybe 4K despite low mileage.

Flew down there to buy it. Piece of junk! Rusted badly underneath. Rear ended. You'd be shocked. Worth maybe 4K despite low mileage.
\

That's really unfortunate. It looked nice from the pics. I'm going to modify my original post so others don't waste their time.

I was excited. Cash in hand. Definitely a shame. The guy was Venezualan and seemed like a nice guy. Just seemed like he didn't understand what constituted "like new" in the States. Did a fair amount of good mechanicals but needed a ton and the rust repair alone would have been a 10k undertaking.

I was excited. Cash in hand. Definitely a shame. The guy was Venezualan and seemed like a nice guy. Just seemed like he didn't understand what constituted "like new" in the States. Did a fair amount of good mechanicals but needed a ton and the rust repair alone would have been a 10k undertaking.

I don't have an affiliation, but it seems like there's two extremes. the seller or the way it looks in the ad and the feedback upon closer inspection.

I must say the rust underneath could have been hidden in the pictures. Was it worse than what it looks in the pictures?

Also, rear ended, was there any visible damage?

I don't have an affiliation, but it seems like there's two extremes. the seller or the way it looks in the ad and the feedback upon closer inspection.

I must say the rust underneath could have been hidden in the pictures. Was it worse than what it looks in the pictures?

Also, rear ended, was there any visible damage?

Everyone has a unique reaction to rust. Judging by the pictures it doesn't look bad at all IMO, obviously I haven't seen it though so there could be something I'm missing. Unless the seller is hiding something drastic, that all can be taken care of pretty easily...

The rear-ending on the other hand is a different story.

Last edited:
its interesting how many "low mileage" cars in miami look like they have been driven for 500,000mi in person. saggy shocks, worn out; seats, shifters and steering wheel leather. when you think of honesty & integrity Miami is typically Not the place that comes to mind from my experience living there. i would never go there to buy a vehicle unless it was from a mud-er.

its interesting how many "low mileage" cars in miami look like they have been driven for 500,000mi in person. saggy shocks, worn out; seats, shifters and steering wheel leather. when you think of honesty & integrity Miami is typically Not the place that comes to mind from my experience living there. i would never go there to buy a vehicle unless it was from a mud-er.

That's golden, I know Miami well, and you're right. Honesty and integrity are not its strong suit, regardless of race or social strata.

Everyone has a unique reaction to rust. Judging by the pictures it doesn't look bad at all IMO, obviously I haven't seen it though so there could be something I'm missing. Unless the seller is hiding something drastic, that all can be taken care of pretty easily...

The rear-ending on the other hand is a different story.

I agree, it's hard for these things not to rust in North America or in coastal places after 20 years or so. It didn't look that bad.

None of it did, and that's why I asked, it's either severely mis advertised or the buyer's expectations didn't line up properly.

Does anyone in Miami want to take a look and do an investigative project ? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom