metal tech fenders - battery? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice indeed but still not sure about mounting to the front apron as I have see many do, if you punch the fender on either side is there enough strength in the apron to not de-form?

SlidersRepaint4.jpg

Tube Fender/Sliders

More force from what?

If there is a force applied to the tube fender structure strong enough to damage the frame where that fender mount is, the resulting damage to the frame will likely be of insignificance compared to the rest of the vehicle or it’s occupants.

Looks good Mike...Run it!

Post up a pic of the hood closed too!

:beer:

I'm with Pozer on this, if there was stress applied to the tube, the tube inself would just bend rather than damage the frame. And if there was major trauma to that area, it would be the last of your worries.

Take a 5 pound cross peen sledge to this type tube on an anvil or a stump and you'll be surprised how easy it is to flatten it out. Unless it's Chromoly, it's not all that tough. Thin structural tube gets its maximum strength from three dimensional triangular shapes - the rear of a bicycle frame would your best case example of this.

I'd like to run these fenders on my next 40.

I've seen batteries mounted on the firewall where the stock blower is but then you need to go to aftermarket heat like Mojave or Vintage air.

-Stumbaugh

Last edited:
We just put a couple of extra bends in the support so it clears the battery tray - works great, I don't understand why Metaltech doesn't do it this way.

We just put a couple of extra bends in the support so it clears the battery tray - works great, I don't understand why Metaltech doesn't do it this way.

Ryan still have my old bender? How has it held up?

That's a great idea.

Your son has gotten pretty handy at Fab Work.

-Stumbaugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom