Messed Up - Shift T-Case into low in Drive --> Grind (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So this was just boneheaded. I was in LOW in the t-case and went to shift up to HIGH ... but hadn't shifted into neutral (I was stopped with brakes applied). Hurrying too much.

Was uber brief but was still met with that GRRR grind. Stopped, put shifter into neutral, put t case into high, drove home.

How much damage did i do?

None, have you seen the size of those gears? Will take a bunch more, long term grinding to do significant damage.

So this was just boneheaded. I was in LOW in the t-case and went to shift up to HIGH ... but hadn't shifted into neutral (I was stopped with brakes applied). Hurrying too much.

Was uber brief but was still met with that GRRR grind. Stopped, put shifter into neutral, put t case into high, drove home.

The transfer case is not made of eggshells and dove feathers.

none ...but you should feel very embarrassed. None of the other forum members have made mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom