MEMCruiser's cruiser search. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And you will hate to wheel it. Get a 40.

good lord!!!!! this is titled finding a 40 people.... I thought the decision for a 62 has passed..

my .02 cents...keep the 62 as a family rig and get a 40 (preferably by Sunday so we can go ride in it):)

Toyota FJ 40

talked to owner, sounds nice.

Ad an orion and marlin and lift and rear seat and good to go.

It is ugly but owner says hardly any rust.

Last edited:
MEMCruiser said:
Toyota FJ 40

talked to owner, sounds nice.

Ad an orion and marlin and lift and rear seat and good to go.

It is ugly but owner says hardly any rust.

If that swap is done right, that's a great deal. It's hard to get a 700r in a 40 without stretching the wheelbase. You need to look it over good.

Orion not needed with auto tranny.

MEMCruiser said:
Why? I need to learn why it is worth passing over and why it is worth considering.

For 10k there a lot better trucks on the 40...hell check and see if pancho ever sold in tx.

the 62 has nothing special...no interior photos and that is where the age shows or if the truck was well maintained.

Orion not needed with auto tranny.
Especially not an auto with an Orion AND a Marlin crawl box. Snails will be passing you up unless you're redlining in overdrive!!! Not really, but you'll be super stupid slow...

Jordan7118 said:
Especially not an auto with an Orion AND a Marlin crawl box. Snails will be passing you up unless you're redlining in overdrive!!! Not really, but you'll be super stupid slow...

Yeah. Stupid mistake. I'm lernin.

You might as well give up.

Martis also get in touch with Georg...he always knows of some gems in Cali. I am sure he is busy at the moment with Baby G but it would be a awesome drive back...with many stops along the way.

Or take him your 62 and go back and get it.

For 10k there a lot better trucks on the 40...hell check and see if pancho ever sold in tx.

Pancho is garbage. Was before, surely still is. Trail only too.

Martis also get in touch with Georg...

Or take him your 62 and go back and get it.

In 2016.......

:flipoff2: to Georg.....

A little info on Auto's. With a trail/daily and tires under 37's, an auto with a Cruiser tcase and stock gears and some decent axle gearing (which will be needed to keep everything happy on the road pulling the trailer, etc) such a 4.88's will be plenty.

Auto's, when loaded up and going on the trail will double or some say, triple your overall crawl ratio.

4:1 Orion with an auto would be nice, but not at all needed with an auto and tires under 37's.

Via email, this is short description of this one.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-trailers-sale-wanted/494620-fj40-wanted-2.html#post7582962

'07 Vortec 5.3, NV4500, ARB's, 37" Krawlers, Longfields, Alcans.

That Cruiser is the cat's ass. I think it is worth $20K all day long.

OK, what David is referring to is size. Rockcrawling wagons sucks in places like Superlift.

If you are just planning on light trails a bit between the 100 ones you do now and the hard stuff, a Sprung over wagon or an 80 is great. If you are not worried about damage, a wagon will do amazing things on the rocks.

A 4Runner is a great example of the middle ground. Better wheelbase than a 40 but narrow and light. They own the rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom