Meet and greet? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Throwing this out for a feeler with no specific date or time. Thought it would be nice to maybe meet up on a Friday evening around 6ish or so at a Brewery or sports bar of sorts for a get together. Harrisburg area as it is more central to most. ABC or a Quaker Steak... Something along tbose lines. Could be family friendly if you all want. Any thoughts?

Also to the more central/ western folks. How about an evening in State College?

Lots of new members as of late and we aren't all able to make it to the runs. So I thought I'd put this out to chew on. The breakfast was a hit, so maybe this would be another opportunity. Show off the rigs, have a few beers and socialize.. Lie to each other for a few hours over everything Toyota. Ha!

Im liking Hamburg too, the Westy has varied menu and good service, plenty of parking too. Of course it's not as far from me as State College or Harrisburg! No matter where we'd get together it'll be a longr drive for some and a shorter drive for others. As the Appalachian group we met at a craft brewery in Harrisburg and also after a fun day of wheeling at the old campsite at Rausch (now no camping allowed there). The get otgether at Rausch was well attended- I met people that day that I haven't seen since! The campfire at rausch in the dark lent quite the atmosphere to the get-together!

I can't stress enough the great times available at the upcoming coal mine event in July. There are always seats available for anyone who doesn't have a rig or doesn't want to wheel their rig. Always. There is always a group doing easy trails for anyone looking to get their feet wet so to speak) on the trails without banging up their truck. I've led a lot of newbies over the years and always the goal was to be sure everyone was happy at the end of the day. Matt Reed has also led many a green and light blue trail run both at rausch and back at paragon. The coal mine event is held in our backyard and a great chance to see a lot of different trucks and a lot of people. Meet the famous and not so famous people on Mud, too- Mark Algazy, Beno, Jim C, Woody, Brian Koerner, and a host of others. as a club I'd love to see a lot of members registered and in attendance.

Great ideas Gary! I've often like to camp the night before a run. It's always been a great way to unwind after the week for me. So along those lines, how about we try something the night before the next monthly run. Meet for a meal, and finish up around a campfire the night before or the evening following the run? That might be a good option as well for those that may not want to wheel their rigs but would like to get together and hang out.

I'll be honest. May isn't going to be good for me. My son thinks he's going to be a pro soccer player (LOL) so we have 3 tournaments to go to that month. Erie, Lititz and Bloomsburg... Whew!

And on a side note, the annual FJNE spring run at Rausch is happening the last weekend of April. That's usually a big turnout with folks from everywhere to include a lot of the GCLC guys. Help is always needed. We were short on Trail leaders last year. I'm going to try and make this event for at least a day. More than likely Saturday but they do wheel Thurs-Sun at that event.

how about we try something the night before the next monthly run. Meet for a meal, and finish up around a campfire the night before or the evening following the run? That might be a good option as well for those that may not want to wheel their rigs but would like to get together and hang out.

I like this idea!

Something like this would be awesome later in the spring or early summer. I've been wanting to put faces with names and be more active in the club but the Hamburg meet was bad timing for me and I'm waiting for my daughter to get a little bigger to bring her to a monthly trail ride. Weekend time away from LO is out of the question so I'd love a family friendly thing.

Also I have a short list of things I need to do before I'd feel OK taking my 80 wheeling again and it's a DD so I don't think I'd enjoy hammering the life out of it. A green or blue sounds good... for now.

I can't stress enough the great times available at the upcoming coal mine event in July. There are always seats available for anyone who doesn't have a rig or doesn't want to wheel their rig. Always. There is always a group doing easy trails for anyone looking to get their feet wet so to speak) on the trails without banging up their truck. I've led a lot of newbies over the years and always the goal was to be sure everyone was happy at the end of the day. Matt Reed has also led many a green and light blue trail run both at rausch and back at paragon. The coal mine event is held in our backyard and a great chance to see a lot of different trucks and a lot of people. Meet the famous and not so famous people on Mud, too- Mark Algazy, Beno, Jim C, Woody, Brian Koerner, and a host of others. as a club I'd love to see a lot of members registered and in attendance.

Gary, it is still in my plans to attend CMCC this year, but....I understand there may be a snag with the tent camping situation which could change my mind. I'm gonna reach out to some of the GCLC peeps to see what's up.

Gary, it is still in my plans to attend CMCC this year, but....I understand there may be a snag with the tent camping situation which could change my mind. I'm gonna reach out to some of the GCLC peeps to see what's up.
I dont like the sound of this. Please keep us posted.

I like these ideas in general but have no specific preference... breakfast, dinner, brewpub whatever.

I can't stress enough the great times available at the upcoming coal mine event in July.
The coal mine event is held in our backyard and a great chance to see a lot of different trucks and a lot of people. Meet the famous and not so famous people on Mud, too- Mark Algazy, Beno, Jim C, Woody, Brian Koerner, and a host of others. as a club I'd love to see a lot of members registered and in attendance.[/QUOTE]

Guess the HENDOG don't rate no more in those parts, since the Famous Crop Circle alla' Blues Brothers Jag incidence!

Just remember -"Ya can take the Boy outta the Coal Banks---But ya can never take the Coal Banks outta the Boy!!! 462- Da %#ck

1310304853371.jpg

Buy my boy one when he makes it up there, he's hiking the AT! 500 miles so far, He's in Virginia

20160314_132848.jpg

If he's headed north tell him to stop at the barber shop in Port Clinton PA for some coffee and cookies. Tell him to tell Frank that gary sent him

Thought it would be nice to maybe meet up on a Friday evening around 6ish or so at a Brewery or sports bar of sorts for a get together. Harrisburg area as it is more central to most. ABC or a Quaker Steak... Something along tbose lines. Could be family friendly if you all want. Any thoughts?

The Quaker Steak in the Harrisburg area is in Mechanicsburg on the Carlisle Pike: LINK
A local Jeep club has had a couple events there and the local motorcycle group has regular events there. But I have to say that the food isn’t really that great and it’s usually crowded (I know, that seems to be a contradiction).

There is an Appalachian Brewing Company in Camp Hill which is basically just up the road from the Quaker Steak: LINK
There is actually another one on the Carlisle Pike further west from the Quaker Steak, but the one in Camp Hill typically isn’t crowded. They have a pretty big parking lot, separate bar and dining areas, and the food is great. It would make a fairly low key place to hang out for an evening.

Troegs is good, but typically a full parking lot and standing room only.

I haven't forgot about this. It's been a busy month. We sold my parents house, had an auction and moved them into the village at Elizabethtown. It's been one never ending day for the past 6-8 weeks. Now my dad (92) was disoriented this past week, and fell in the bathroom. He broke his collar bin and is in therapy.

But once the dust settles, I'd like to get back on the trails and have a get together! Camping before a run or like others mentioned, get together at one of the brewery's.

Either way, I need to get back in the woods and relax some. I have suspension parts sitting in the garage that have been there for awhile now that need to be installed and tested out!

I’m sorry to hear about your father’s fall. Hopefully things will heal up quickly. Are they at the Masonic Home? I was just down there for an architectural tour last week. Very impressive facilities!

I’m sorry to hear about your father’s fall. Hopefully things will heal up quickly. Are they at the Masonic Home? I was just down there for an architectural tour last week. Very impressive facilities!
Yes, they are at the Masonic Village. It's a beautiful place and he's being well taken care of. It's like they are at club med there. I've been nothing but impressed with the facilities and care. They have an apartment now and he's currently in rehab at the Roosevelt bld. My mother is able to take the shuttle to visit him daily.

Hope your Dad heals quickly @joabmc. That is a fantastic facility and it's always great to see brethren taking care of one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom