1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mean green

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by upcruiser, Jul 15, 2003.

1. upcruiser

upcruiser

My alternator died on me a couple days ago and I ordered a 140 amp mean green. I didn't have much time to research it at all but I know some guys here are running them. My question. Did the cables have to be uprgraded along with the alternator for the extra current? Any other suggestions or hints would be appreciated. GOtta get the junk dialed in for the big trip next week! :D

2. Junk

Junk

As you can see in my previous posts about dual batts etc, I'd return it and buy the OEM. :D

3. upcruiser

upcruiser

Now that is not what I want to hear! I already installed it though. Now I have a short somewhere that I can't figure out. Its not related to the alternator though, since it was unplugged when I discovered it. Arghh!! I hate wiring problems. :mad: I had it flat bed towed to a friend of mine's shop to have him try to make sense of it. Maybe its the curse of the mean green.

4. yomama

yomama

upcruiser,

I have had no problems or complaints with mine...

Yomama

5. upcruiser

upcruiser

Just wanted to say that its working great so far. Did a good size drive over the weekend. It makes a noticeable difference in power for the windows and roof when the truck is idling. Feels like the truck finally has the juice that it always needed. :D