May Club Run Barney Riley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
BBCNN 05/17/14
Trail: Barney Riley Canyon
Description: This is a scenic fun trail that runs from hwy 4 above markleeville. Driving through the Sierra valleys and aspen groves, we end up at a beautiful camp spot next to the Carson river.
Up the trail beyond the camp, there are some hot spring too.
This is an out and back run.
Date: Saturday, 5/17 - 5/18 (overnight optional)
Leave Time: 9:00am
Meeting Location: Maverick gas station on Highway 88 in Minden
Trail Difficulty:Mostly 1-2
Additional Equipment needed: If you choose to camp be prepared w/ food, camp gear, tools etc. This is also a great opportunity for fishing the river, so bring your gear and current California fishing license.
Duration of Run: Sat-Sun.
Tread Lightly / 146.460

I will be in assuming I get my heating issue under control?

I'm hoping to be able to do this... likely not overnight.

Managed to get one of new skids on, the main engine skid. That was far more of a PITA than I thought it would be. And then I ran into more of a PITA, a rounded off bolt on my cat protection tube. So will have to deal with that somehow. Going to skip that for now and just get the rear diff skid plate on. Then at least I'll be better protected than before.

Last edited:
I have some cool sockets that will grab a rounded bolt head, basically the opposite of an easy out. Let me know if you want to borrow them.

I'd love to make this run, but the wife and I have a weekend get away planned!!
Have fun! It's a GREAT trail and camp!!

Im afraid I will have to bail out on this one as well. With a lot of help from Ray I have managed to fit the new fan that seems to be controlling heat MUCH better, but it is just mocked in right now it still needs to have final wiring done and then re loomed. It will be a time consuming process that I won't have done this weekend. :(

Sorry to hear that Shane and Keith. I really hope we can get a run together. Anyone else planning on going. Weather will be perfect!

I'm still game... anybody else? wasn't there one or two others at the meeting who said they were in? John?

Last edited:
John may not see this Kurt. I am not sure he checks this site that much. If we aren't getting any stockers coming with us maybe we can hit Deer Valley or Slickrock. I think John would be up for that. I def. want to wheel this wknd. Glad your still in! Anyone else please post up.

Sorry but I'm out!

I managed to remove all the rounded off bolts holding on my cat protector tubes. Most came out easy by just using hammering on a slight larger socket over the mushroomed bolt. The last bolt was very rounded... but by working the tube back and forth and a pair of channel lock pliers, it eventually came out.

But now I got two other bolt needing some friendly persuasion... and for which will need to be replaced. Hoping to get them out this in time to find some replacements in town. But looks like tomorrow I'll be under my rig hopefully finishing the install.

Last edited:
Two steps forward, one step backwards... broke off a welded frame bolt.

No skids... so no off-roading for me until I get this fixed.

More in another thread.

Last edited:
Hey that is a song by Desert Rose Band. One Step Forward - Desert Rose Band-- you should youtube it. Sorry about your bolt problems. Guess this is off since no one else posted up. Hope no one shows up at the maverick. Will try this run again sometime.

Maybe we can try again in the fall... it might even be fishable then. Went by the East Carson today... it's brown due to run-off.... and probably will be too hot to fish soon after the run off finishes.

Sorry guys I should have posted. I had to go into work for some training Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom