Master or Slave cylinder bleeding kit - great price. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

no longer available at napa or on "linky" any suggestions?, have to bench bleed a new master :(

I used this thing.
Cardone Master Cylinder Bleeder
It did the job for a bench bleed.

image.jpeg

Pablo; yes, but not the same as the one that was on the old link and no longer available with quality fittings:poof:; loved mine and it came with 2 10 mm IIRC brass nipples for the master; this is what the old link took us to; BUT no longer available!!; had one years ago but was borrowed and never came back home :censor::censor::(
$_12 NAPA BF-125 Hydraulic Brake Master Cylinder Bleeder Tool Kit.JPG
$_12 2.jpg

went to napa and came away disgusted; new napa kit only comes with ONE 10 mm plastic nipple so you need to buy 2 complete kits + the tubing is the sucky black hose so you can't see the bubbles very well and they don't carry the clear tubing anymore; Dorman products -13911 is the same; only one of each nipple so you have to purchase 2 complete kits + the clear tubing separately
napa only had one kit but they could order another:censor:............just left disgusted:bang: :bang: much rather pay extra and not have to deal with some junky pieces; :wrench:would be happy to purchase nipples individually along with clear plastic hose but after several hours have only drawn blanks on nipple suppliers even for the plastic ones and it is 1240 AM; suggestions and ideas more than welcome;
thanks in advance;
Lou

Last edited:
Yeah, the kit with the brass fittings is very good quality. I suppose that's why the quit making it!

...would be happy to purchase nipples individually...

We can talk about that another time, but I was wondering about using bleeders at the MC to bench bleed?

Does anyone have a good source for clear plastic tubing either in bulk (so you can throw away when it gets hardened from the brake fluid, or a good quality clear tubing that does not get hard after you bleed things with it?

I tried buying some fish tank air line, but the ID was too small. Boo-hoo...

Or you can buy a half gallon's worth of brake fluid and just install the MC without bench bleeding it and flush the air all through the bleeder nipples at the brake pistons and calipers. Accomplishes the same thing.

Getting air in the brake lines with a MC install is not a sin. It's going to happen any way when you remove the lines from it.

If you take a look at those MC bench bleed vids on YouTube, you can see that the MC purges itself of air pretty quickly.

A non bench bled MC will just require more fluid to accomplish the same thing.
Just got to flush out the extra bubbles with more fluid.

As noted above, more bleeding does the same thing, and the extra bleeding flushs ALL the old fluid out...which is not a bad thing.

Back when I turned wrenches for a living, we replaced hundreds of master cylinders and never bench bled any of them and never had any problems.

The air gets out when you bleed the caliper or wheel cylinder most of the time anyway and the few that didn't you could just bleed in the car by loosening the tube and giving it a pump.

Why screw around with stuff that doesn't matter especially when you could be dripping brake fluid from your bench bleeding onto your paint job?

yep, havn't replaced as many maybe less than 100; but have rebuilt them when kits were available and never bench bled in the past, started many years ago, oops has it really been over 50:crybaby:?...when all we had were single circuit systems but am having the devil of a time getting a firm pedal on this fj 60:bang: new fj60 master; new booster forerunner 1994 non abs; original fj 60 booster not available and booster dewey no longer rebuilds for the fj 60s and 62s :(, wheel cyls have been replaced and lines show no evidence of leakage....... engine on.......soft pedal..... engine off.....nice and firm, probably have run a couple of quarts through the system; all by the book but still having soft pedal issues going nearly to floor, stops but don't get a warm fuzzy feeling; am trying to troubleshoot from master on downstream, eliminating one possibility at a time......appreciate your input,

Pin is right - I only posted that original link (now replaced with a cheap plastic version of the bleeder), 'cuz it was a great deal on a closeout quality item. I've used it a few times on MC and Clutch Masters and it's very handy but certainly not necessary and I doubt I'd pay more than $25 for one.

The REAL purpose of my purchase was to allow me NOT to have to ask the :princess: to help bleed brakes; 'cuz in all my years of DIY wrenching I can thoroughly testify that asking a :princess: to help bleed brakes NEVER leads to sex. Or even a good dinner. :crybaby:

LOL.

I'd be lucky just to get her in the driver's seat :hmm::rimshot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom