Mass destruction of my IFS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joe, I don't need a rear ext. brake line. Do need the hubs, will use the front brake lines or can use Billiams trick, thanks Bill!
All my parts arrived today!!!!!! I'm moist.
Thought I had the correct pitman arm but cannot find it. Must get that.

On the tech day issue I only have one weekend day off prior to the run & that is the Sunday before, 12th I think it is. That's pushing it. All are welcome to come & we can try it. I have 5 week days off between now & then and will do my best to do all I can to be ready! Lemme know what ya think.

Got the wires & stuff to do 220 for the plasma!

I sadly have both shoulders with torn rotators & a pinched nerve in my neck causing my left arm to be numb most of the time so I'm kinda limited on what I can do.

Even if its not before this run, I will still be wanting to have a tech day/weekend for this project!

Yes Gum!

SPECTACULAR anal sex!

Speaking of the brown eye
The 12th is the day Bill has to prep for his colonoscopy/endoscopy that following morning. I don't think it's possible for us to make it
Mrs x

Colonoscopy's are awesome. Stay awake & watch it on the screen.

Colonoscopy's are awesome. Stay awake & watch it on the screen.

They're going in both ends. If they use the same tube you can carry me around like a suite case.:moon: :eek:

I'm off this Wednesday & Thursday. Gonna get started on stuff.

Well I gotta call from my neurosurgeon today & they moved my appointment to tomorrow! Yay! That's 3 weeks earlier than it was, hopefully I'll have good news on that front tomorrow!

:)

My neurosurgeon must be into wheelin also. He stated I need traction to fix my neck, he must be gonna prescribe a locker for me. But seriously no surgery at this time gonna inject some steroids add some antiinflammatorys & some physical therapy & see if that fixes things. Also I can go get my shoulders fixed right away and that will make me happy!

Gonna get started on my 4runner today! See how much I can get done, I'll post updates. Off today & tomorrow so I should make some progress.

That would be awesome to be able to remove my head, so many possibilities for mischief.

Got the junkyard axle completely disassembled & cleaned. Only a little water in the lube but it all looks good for the third member. Birfs look good. New axle seals in, bearing races in. Balls are pretty pitted, might give the bondo fix a shot. Basically ready to reassemble axle with the IFS brakes .

Plasma cutter is very much a good time. The beast John loaned me cuts through everything like a hot knife through butter. Must find more stuff to cut!

Plasma is much better than the flame wrench, spoils you quickly.

You have two sets of hubs, front and rear brake lines, and a little something special on their way.

woohoo! Thanks Joe. Should have all the stuff I forgot/didn't find here by Friday.
Gots lotsa stuff done & am ready to start cutting the s*** off the front end.

The vented disc upgrade isn't happening this time around due to cost of rotors.

If I ever see the dude who worked on this rig before me I have a coupla things to tell him:
1st. gasket sealer is not needed on both sides of every gasket every time.
2nd. just because your torque wrench goes to 175 ft.lb. doesn't mean you have to torque all bolts that tight.
3rd. each wheel hub does not need 12 pounds of grease packed in it.
I could go on, but I wont, at least not now.

John had mentioned you needed a pitman arm puller, so I threw mine in the box. Tracking has it arriving tomorrow.

It did arrive on Friday. I did need & used the puller, thanks Joe!

Conner came over on Sunday & cut all that s*** off the front end! Yay! Just a bit of grinding & stuff is ready to go back on!

Thanks so much for the plasma cutter, John, that fxxxer is awesome!

Won't be ready for this coming weekend, but its all off & I'm so glad to see it on the floor. Gonna do all I can prior to my surgery but don't think I can finish it up in my one remaining day off. It'll be several months (like 8 months or so) before I can lift anything over 5 pounds (gonna have to sit down & pee) so I still wanna have a tech day at some point so I can wheel again before next fall. Please think it over & if anyone wants to finish this for me between now & next March when I have both arms working again I would much appreciate it.

Super Hugh thanks to Conner for all his help yesterday, he is awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom