March Gulches Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys it's Ryan with the Blue FJ Cruiser. I met some of you at the Slope's BBQ meet. I am planning on coming, but I had a few questions since it will be my first time to Gulches. I would like to come up Friday night; especially since I'm usually late for these things and don't want to screw up such a long drive.

Can I bring my dog?
Do you think an extra 5 gal gas can will be enough? (I'm driving from Buckhead) (20gal. stock tank)
For those of you going Friday night, what time are you heading out and are you meeting somewhere on the way?
Are there any special things I should bring? (food contribution, axe, etc.)

Thanks

-Ry

Hey guys it's Ryan with the Blue FJ Cruiser. I met some of you at the Slope's BBQ meet. I am planning on coming, but I had a few questions since it will be my first time to Gulches. I would like to come up Friday night; especially since I'm usually late for these things and don't want to screw up such a long drive.

Can I bring my dog?
Do you think an extra 5 gal gas can will be enough? (I'm driving from Buckhead) (20gal. stock tank)
For those of you going Friday night, what time are you heading out and are you meeting somewhere on the way?
Are there any special things I should bring? (food contribution, axe, etc.)

Thanks

-Ry

Glad you're coming along, always nice to have some new folks.

All good questions and i've been meaning to start a thread for new guys answering some of the basic questions.

RULE #1: DONT BE LATE, late arrivals get left in the dust. ask Pillguy.

Friday night:
I dont think anyone from our group is heading up Friday but some from the Upstate Cruisers will be. You'll need to check on campsite availability with the park or try to Yogi a spot with some of UC crowd. Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park

Dogs: yes you can bring a dog on trips, just look out for flying dog barf. a leash is also your friend.

Gas: For this trip you should be fine, we'll find a place nearby to fill up before hitting the trails. FYI-- Gas in SC is usally 10-20 cents/gal higher than Ga.

Food: You should bring a cooler with bevs and a lunch. Skip usually makes lunch (for a fee) but I'd plan for him not too as a stand by.

Not asked but still should be addressed:
make sure you're truck is in good running condition and you have some tools on board for at least fixing basic stuff. A FULL SIZED SPARE tire is almost a requirement. If you dont have one right now you'll be ok but I'd get one sooner than later.

for a list of Recomended and Required hardware check out our website for details: membership2

a CB is strongly reccomended, not only does it help with trail communications but it can also adds to the experience. They can be had for about $50 complete with antennae and unit.

welcome aboard!!!!!!:cheers:

Last edited:
Gulches rules state that dogs are "permitted on a leash and attended at all times."

A few of us are camping Friday night and about 8 will be camping Saturday night. You are welcome to camp, just bring your own food/beverages. We will possibly to a community pot of chili Saturday night, and have community firewood at least Saturday night I know.

Jeremy

Sounds good. I will definitely be staying one if not both nights.

Now I just need to figure the best way for my dog to ride, and a local place to get a fire extinguisher and mount for my FJC.

Dang...And I just picked up a fire extinguisher, tow strap, stuff for my dog, etc. just for this weekend. Oh well, at least it's outta the way. Hopefully Saturday will be good.

Thanks for for the update!

-Speed

Gulches 3/12/11 Ride update said:
Alittle mud is ok, moderate amount is fun and alot is mud wrestling for the ladies.

Haha...I like the way these guys seem to face a challenge. Always head on, and never give up. Can't wait to see how y'all wheel.

-Speed

As far as I know we are.

I'm on the fence right now, as much as I know Skip could use the business the thought of $100 in gas just to wheel in a swamp is not real appealing.

What about Dawsonville instead?

you guys do what you want to but I'm officially out. John, Josh, Jason and Dave are also out. just too dang far to go wheeling in baby poo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom