March/April Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was really enjoying the story by Jed Wolfrom about he and Meghan's travels in South America in a Taco with pop-up camper. Thinking how much I'd like to do the same. Then I read the editors side bar about how they had been attacked and badly beaten by locals in a small village in Peru. Damn, what a way to spoil a great story! Of course much worse for them. I quickly found their blog and learned that they recovered quite well and decided to continue the trip. Bravo for them and really hope they have safe travels from here on.

Ace

I read the story with great interest as well, then the sidebar, then the blog also. We had a visitor from Brazil at a Rising Sun meeting last fall (November maybe?) who was an overland trip from Brazil to Alaska and back, and he gave a presentation at our meeting about his trip, and among the points he touched on was the safety concerns in some countries. I remember he talked about armed gangs in Ecuador with AK47s. Certainly the take away is while big trips can be a huge adventure, sometimes the darkest element of humanity can make that trip turn into a nightmare, whether Peru, Ecuador, New York or LA.

I want to wheel with Charla! I keep going back to her article "Give Them the Bird" to re-read and view the pictures. I like her writing style and she seems to have a keen wit. Those high-country photos are gorgeous! Thanks, Charla! :steer:

I want to wheel with Charla! I keep going back to her article "Give Them the Bird" to re-read and view the pictures. I like her writing style and she seems to have a keen wit. Those high-country photos are gorgeous! Thanks, Charla! :steer:

Aw. Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom