Macon GA.... help a brother out. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone I'm with the upstate cruisers in SC my names Kevin.

Anyway I may have a job opportunity in Macon GA. And have been doing some reading on the city and I'm honestly a bit turned off. Just looking for current opinions of the area and if I should take a chance. I read that the north is safer

Stopped there to get gas on the way to Hilton Head a dozen times. I am not much help...

@Sam Stewart lived down there for a while. I don't recall him saying much about it other than it was a long way down there. I drove down and picked up a motor from him several years ago. I seem to remember it being pretty tied into the military base located near by.

Macon is not unlike any medium size city in the U.S. in that there are very nice parts and some not so nice parts.
All three of my children attended Mercer University in Macon and while they probably didn't spend a lot of time off campus, I don't recall them having a negative outlook on the city.

Thanks everyone for the responses, I talked to sam about the area. Still on the fence, but I'll wait to see ithe for myself. If the job pays enough it might be worth it to do 5 years and move on

I'm now, but macon won't be LE it will be heading security and emergency management for coliseum hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom