LX470 for Baja Rack?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am trying to get them to just sell me one and I will be the guinea pig. tired of waiting on west coast LX owners...hahahahahahaha

1LoudLX....if it does not work I will sell it to you for half price okay? :D

I am trying to get them to just sell me one and I will be the guinea pig. tired of waiting on west coast LX owners...hahahahahahaha

1LoudLX....if it does not work I will sell it to you for half price okay? :D

I'll see if I can get over to them this week, might not have time though

if you can...great...if not I am going to take the chance....see no reason it would not work if the mounts are all alike and other racks work just fine for LC specifically.

Did we ever find out if it fits? About to click buy and want to make sure no issues?

I purchased my Bajarack for my LC through OK4WD.com with free shipping and no tax because they are in jersey. If that's an option for you, do it. Saved me about $350. And obviously they drop ship. Still took about 4 weeks for them to produce my rack though.

Sales rep at BajaRack says they don't make ANY rack for a 100series LX...... ??

Sales rep at BajaRack says they don't make ANY rack for a 100series LX...... ??
I heard the same. Then I pointed out that the 100 on their website was a LX. Then he explained something about how they had issues/ or something about the LX only has 4 out of the 6 mounts?

so requires some drilling? Anyone with an LX on here have a baja rack and can chime in on what it took to install?

so requires some drilling? Anyone with an LX on here have a baja rack and can chime in on what it took to install?
Any updates on this?

How many mounting feet does your stock rack have? If it is 6, then I would believe the Land Cruiser rack should fit. If you have the shorter rack with 4 mounting feet, you may have issues.

How many mounting feet does your stock rack have? If it is 6, then I would believe the Land Cruiser rack should fit. If you have the shorter rack with 4 mounting feet, you may have issues.
I have an LX470 with 4 feet... What are the dimensions of a stock LC rack vs a LX470?

I am going to do some investigating this week. It looks like the LX design used to use the 6-footed rack in years past. I wouldn't think that they would have redesigned the roof mounting in order to streamline the rack for later models. I bet the mounting holes are still there, just hidden under the rubber/plastic moulding...

I have the bajarack on my LC 100. The way the rack is designed. I would think that even if the front 2 mounts are not screwed in to the car, but mounted to the rack, the "foot pad" is large enough to just put some down pressure on to the roof and not have any kind of vibration. I think if you needed to put more down force on the 2 front feet, you could put washers in between the foot mount and the rack. ( the 6 mounts are separate pieces from the actual rack) I will take some pictures when I get home this afternoon and show you guys specifics of the mounts. I have had my bajarack for 6 months now and I really like it. Its clean and solid! I would highly recommend

IMG_6561.PNG
IMG_6562.PNG
I found a couple pictures in my phone. So the two screw holes are about 2" apart, but the mounting foot is about 8"x2" wide. I think with the middle and rear mounts, you could probably be ok to have these front mounts in place even though they are not screwed. Idk?

Yes, please post some more pictures of the feet and how they are mounted. This will be very helpful. Thanks @DJCloz !

Not really sure I understand the concerns here. AFAIK the 100 series/LX bodies are identical other than the front end. And I was always under the assumption that the front mounts were just hidden under the trim on LXs with the half-rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom