LX450_Diff Lock is not "ON" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man Inkpot. You're good. Answering before you were summoned :D

Good start. It would be located here and other Toyota switches may work in its place. Commonly another hazard switch is used. Here's it's locale. Maybe hit a junkyard up and save a few bucks

View attachment 1206682

Has it been on the whole time you've owned ?
No, not on the whole time... Loooong story but it is my exes truck. I "thought" he had installed a switch at one time, asked, and was just told to drive in circles and it would go off... No confirmation that the switch had been installed/broken until today....so, with that being said, hopefully it will be an easy fix ... I appreciate all of your responses.

Another maybe dumb question. Can I trace the wire back from the broken switch and just unhook it for the time being? I've located that wire. I'm guessing that would not disengage but just leave the situation the same?

Another maybe dumb question. Can I trace the wire back from the broken switch and just unhook it for the time being? I've located that wire. I'm guessing that would not disengage but just leave the situation the same?
Or unhook the current hazard, hook up to diff lock, press to disengage?

Or unhook the current hazard, hook up to diff lock, press to disengage?
yes, way to think outside the box. Then buyva used hazard switch for like $15 on eBay and put it in the hazard spot. You will have ground the plastic tab down on your current one to make it a cdl switch. Do a search for hazard cdl switch if you aren't sure what to grind.

good news, it was a quick and easy fix! just unhooked the hazard and hooked up to where the previous owner had... thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom