LX450 rookie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally pulled the trigger and now the bills begin. Spoke with Christo at Slee today and ordered a OME medium 2.5". He told me his thoughts on TJM and IronMan and though I wanted the TMJ he wasn't sure on them being around in the future if you have warranty issues. Has anyone installed an FJ80 lift? I have the basics, beer, vice grips, screwdriver, lawn chairs to sit back and wish I had a torch. And pit rig to get more beer. Advice would be great.

Never done an 80 Lift. Plan to real soon. I have done several other lifts but the 80 is straightforward. I would love to come help. Did you get Castor Bushings or a Castor plate. If you got bushings we need a press. Where do you live?

I am in Summerset land. I did get the bushings with press tool. Guy I work with has a shop might be a good cold day project. Still working on a little lion hunting before the month ends. Was under it today using PB Blaster to loosen some bolts. Slee says it shipped today. Should be here middle of next week? I'll post when it shows up.

Sweet,

I would love to help seriously. Let me know when your thinking of doing it. My name is Dan by the way. You should come to the next Dakota Territory Cruisers Meeting.

Now this is service. Slee boxes at the door today. Should be installed by tomorrow, after will post before after pics. We'll see if this 2 1/2" was the right decision.

Sweet, I would love to help seriously. Let me know when your thinking of doing it. My name is Dan by the way. You should come to the next Dakota Territory Cruisers Meeting.

Hey dan, you should come to the next DTC meeting too.

New lift installed. 12 hours and a destroyed steering stabilizer later. Not sure if Ishould open an offroad shop just yet. When is your next meeting?
Trying to post some pics

Before and After OME

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Hey dan, you should come to the next DTC meeting too.

I agree Brian. My wife has seemed to plan some trip or random thing for that week and then you guys switched it up last month. It is on the calendar for April and BHCC is also scheduled in. Just paid my TLCA dues and will be bringing my dues for DTC in April. This is what I worked on all weekend.

IMG_5983.jpg

Finally did the castor correction bushings. Went better then I thought, Barry at Dakota Weld did the pressing for me so the six bolts were easy. Now all I need to do is talk myself into changing the new 275's for a 255 or 315's. And a upgraded head unit for some better sounds.

Dakota, what are your plans for your stock springs?

If you would have me up sooner they wouldn't have made it to the dumpster at work. Never thought anyone would want the Lexus springs as spongy as they get, my bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom