LX450 Passenger Side Rear Fender Flare (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At Flat Nasty, we had a small encounter with a tree root that gave my fender flare a run for it's money. The flare lost, but not by much. I went to take it off and remount it but as it turns out, someone else had the same idea in the past. The front plastic mounting bracket has "done gone missing" and someone used, let's call it, an alternative method to re-hang the fender.

I'm not looking for street queen and will figure out a way to rehang the fender for cheap but figured I'd ask here and see if anybody local had a lead on a fender flare for an LX450 (let me know and we can talk $$). If not, I'll chew up some bubble gum and give it a whirl. While I'm at it, anybody have any ideas for rehanging it? Again, doesn't need to be perfect - I could very well knock it off the next time I'm out.

Pictures to come.

Thanks guys (and gals),

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Let me look in the parts stash, I know I have one but seem to remember it is driver side.

Those plastic pieces break. If you get a used one it will be the same 20 plus years old. I think they are available at dealer still.

Mine broke off the front and like 2F said or you said they were fixed once. My hard epoxy rebuild lasted about 4 months then one came off in high wind on the highway. So I put dual heavy duty zip ties in the rear mount hole where plug-in plastic retainer used to be, a wide wing self tapping screw into a hole I pre-drilled next to the front square hole and then a nice pre-drilled 2" wide wing self tapper right at top dead center. Both sides. Flares are not perfectly flush but now water/rain gets in to clean it all out and they are not coming off again easily. Paints on screw heads. Yes a totally jerry rigged fix and I don't mind. They are stout and look fine from 15' or more. I will do the same with rear when-needed. Just don't run the screw into anything but safe space and shoot the pre-drilled hole full of good clear silicon for rust reduction. Later dude. Hope all is well with you.

Thanks guys, I'll upload some pictures later this afternoon of the flare...and hopefully a fix. We'll see what jerry-rigged fix I come up with haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom